Decathlon,what a rubbish outlet...

Reaction score
I looked online yesterday at decathlon to see if they sell Marukyu isome,it said they did(nowhere near me sells it),so today the wife and I had a few things to do so I added that to the list,went in there and no fishing gear,loads of empty space,it reminds me very much of Primark,another outlet I wouldn't leave shoe leather in...

nottskev

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of these and similar stores, but I got a surprise when we wandered (out of the rain) into a Go Outdoors on the outskirts of Loughborough - quite a range of rods, reels, luggage, tackle and bait.

rich66

Reaction score
Me neither, I too visited Go-outdoors in Loughborough must have been May time . I just thought how tatty it was, all the kit messed up and everywhere looked like a jumble sale. Roof was leaking too.
More than happy to give my business to my local tackle shop instead.

rich66

Reaction score
As far as I know Maryuku have recently stopped selling products in UK.

Sadly yes they have, I did hear that some company was looking to import. But for the life of me I can’t remember which one. However you can still find some of their stuff about but few and far between. eBay and Amazon prices are starting to reflect the lack.

Reaction score
Oh marvellous,from what I hear this isome stuff is really good ,sea angling wise,what a load of balls...l

Just to add go-outdoors isn't bad,but decathlon,awful...

Last edited:

Reaction score
Because of what's been said about Marukyu,I've bought some isome off of ebay,£6.99 post free,should be here Tuesday or Wednesday,cheaper than driving around hoping to get some.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Because of what's been said about Marukyu,I've bought some isome off of ebay,£6.99 post free,should be here Tuesday or Wednesday,cheaper than driving around hoping to get some.

What colour and size did you go for?

Reaction score
Medium,pink,if I catch nought that's unlucky...

valetudoguy

Reaction score
Isome is good, on the basis it will sit in your tackle box for yonks if needed, but I would wager that limpets will out fish it almost every time.

steve2

Reaction score
Never had a problem with the Decathlon store I use. Always well stocked with what I want and find the staff helpful unlike many tackle shops I have used.
Much prefer to do most of my tackle shopping there now.

Reaction score
I'm glad your happy with them Steve,my local store doesn't even stock fishing tackle(in spite of having plenty of room for a small shop),plus there were only three people working,I asked,if I wanted a pair of walking boots I certainly wouldn't buy from there,simply don't sell decent enough products,I really believe they could be owned by primark.

Reaction score
Isome is good, on the basis it will sit in your tackle box for yonks if needed, but I would wager that limpets will out fish it almost every time.

Your probably right,but as I'm using them for a sneaky dabble when the missus and some play at crabbing,I can't actually think where I could gather limpets easily where I'm staying,a pack of isome gIves instant bait that works,neil1970 said that's what he used at Poole,so that's good enough for me,I could buy fresh rag but in my limited experience of wrasse,they pinch most of it without hooking,plus its as expensive and difficult to keep. When I used to beach fish I used to gather slipper limpets,whelks,crab(peelers and hermits),along with white rag,king rag and lug,bloody hard work,though fun,but very time consuming,

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
I'm glad your happy with them Steve,my local store doesn't even stock fishing tackle(in spite of having plenty of room for a small shop),plus there were only three people working,I asked,if I wanted a pair of walking boots I certainly wouldn't buy from there,simply don't sell decent enough products,I really believe they could be owned by primark.

I suppose it just depends on what you are looking for. All I can say is that I have never had a problem with any of the fishing tackle,bait,clothing,boots or any of sporting equipment I have bought there.

John Keane

Reaction score
Your probably right,but as I'm using them for a sneaky dabble when the missus and some play at crabbing,I can't actually think where I could gather limpets easily where I'm staying,a pack of isome gIves instant bait that works,neil1970 said that's what he used at Poole,so that's good enough for me,I could buy fresh rag but in my limited experience of wrasse,they pinch most of it without hooking,plus its as expensive and difficult to keep. When I used to beach fish I used to gather slipper limpets,whelks,crab(peelers and hermits),along with white rag,king rag and lug,bloody hard work,though fun,but very time consuming,

Best wrasse bait I ever used was small hard crabs, around the size of 10p, hooked through the “tail” and fished on a sliding float on rock marks. Never failed to catch decent Ballans on them. Easy to collect and, importantly, free!

Reaction score
Not at Poole Harbour while the missus is crabbing,the wrasse present are not big enough to eat a ten pence sized crab,well not in one go anyway,this is a micro-species,light line,telescopic 5.5ft spinning rod,small hook session,that may or may not take place,that even ten minutes bait collecting could make the session a waste of time,if swmbo says go,we go,my main fishing will be done in the evening on the tidal Stour,trying for chub and barbel

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I bought some of the Decathlon hook pellets the other week the hemp flavoured ones. I had a decent catch on them they have a consistently approximately similar to a Mc’ds chocolate muffin. I had crucians, ide, roach and barbel on them. I also bought some pole floats for the grandchildren which were okay too. I usually use a proper tackle dealer as much as I can though.

Certainly don’t bother asking advice from staff in there as for the most part they are clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Dave

Reaction score
Not at Poole Harbour while the missus is crabbing,the wrasse present are not big enough to eat a ten pence sized crab,well not in one go anyway,this is a micro-species,light line,telescopic 5.5ft spinning rod,small hook session,that may or may not take place,that even ten minutes bait collecting could make the session a waste of time,if swmbo says go,we go,my main fishing will be done in the evening on the tidal Stour,trying for chub and barbel

Last time i was there i used tiny pieces of rind from the bacon the kids were using for crabbing, the gobies and blennies like it.

Reaction score
They make a living on it Dave,if you saw my belly you would realise no crab is getting anywhere near my bacon...