Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  41
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fishing Allstars

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Make that three, my Skoda Superb Estate is the best car I’ve ever owned.
    Your previous cars must have been really really terrible. Let me guess - Lada Riva, Fiat Panda, Moskovich and Citreon Dianne? Only kidding.

Blog Entries

Well I've got a Skoda fabia estate,I bought it new and picked the basic model,not for just price,but I was fed up with air-con packing up,needing rd-charging etc,along with all the other 'mod con's that can go wrong,it's a diesel and runs on fumes,has plenty of space for my tackle and goes a lot quicker than some pushy so and so's think,I've had quite a few supposedly decent cars that left me cold,it's not a Rolls Royce for comfort but it's a belter for me...

I must confess I "quite" enjoyed this, came across it while flicking through channels and as nothing else much of interest watched it. The roach fishing was interesting then it settled into the monster carp and catfish mode. I did start to get a bit bored and catfish just look like monsters. However, the Macey bloke was not as bad as all that and the three of them enjoyed themselves and I wouldn't mind their job. Bit of a change of tune from me, perhaps I am being converted! I would like to see more British normal fishing though. Is it cheating having a boat place your baits hanging off a tree?
    Last edited by markg; 09-08-2019 at 07:40.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Well I've got a Skoda fabia estate,I bought it new and picked the basic model,not for just price,but I was fed up with air-con packing up,needing rd-charging etc,along with all the other 'mod con's that can go wrong,it's a diesel and runs on fumes,has plenty of space for my tackle and goes a lot quicker than some pushy so and so's think,I've had quite a few supposedly decent cars that left me cold,it's not a Rolls Royce for comfort but it's a belter for me...
    VW took over Skoda in 1991. Anybody making Skoda jokes in 2019 is recycling vintage cold war material. ( Here's one: why do Russian policemen go around in three's? One can read, one can write, one keeps an eye on the two intellectuals. )

I've had a Skoda Yeti for three years. It's like a Golf designed for going fishing. It uses not much more than half the fuel the previous cars - Kia Sportage, Toyota Rav4 - did.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    I must confess I "quite" enjoyed this, came across it while flicking through channels and as nothing else much of interest watched it. The roach fishing was interesting then it settled into the monster carp and catfish mode. I did start to get a bit bored and catfish just look like monsters. However, the Macey bloke was not as bad as all that and the three of them enjoyed themselves and I wouldn't mind their job. Bit of a change of tune from me, perhaps I am being converted! I would like to see more British normal fishing though. Is it cheating having a boat place your baits hanging off a tree?
    I enjoyed the programme even the bit about over grown slugs.
    The bit about hanging baits from tree I thought was a brilliant idea it solved the weed problem they were faced with.
    Isn’t that what part of fishing is about solve and work round problems you face on the day instead of giving up and going home.
    I know I have in the past climbed trees to catch fish, waded out into lakes and rivers to fish swims I can’t fish from the bank.
    How many times have I thought to myself I wish I had a boat?

Don't try hanging your bait from a tree on the opposite bank on the Thames You will catch a white plastic pig being driven by a lobster coloured stockbroker

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    I enjoyed the programme even the bit about over grown slugs.
    The bit about hanging baits from tree I thought was a brilliant idea it solved the weed problem they were faced with.
    Isn’t that what part of fishing is about solve and work round problems you face on the day instead of giving up and going home.
    I know I have in the past climbed trees to catch fish, waded out into lakes and rivers to fish swims I can’t fish from the bank.
    How many times have I thought to myself I wish I had a boat?
    But how easy do we want to make it, wading, climbing trees is difficult, getting some bloke to take your bait out to were you want it is just lazy. I can't fish some weedy areas, I find one I can or learn to cast. Not that bothered about it but just think its not proper angling to a small degree.

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    Its funny this Essex bashing, always seems to easy for folks living outside the place to 'have a go' from a distance

Loads of top people in Essex and a small minority give the place a bad rep, they are mad on fishing there plus there are some of the most scenic coastal areas in the country
    To be fair, I nominated that fat, mouthy bint from Essex (Gemma somebody) to plug the hole in the dam at Whaley Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keane View Post
    To be fair, I nominated that fat, mouthy bint from Essex (Gemma somebody) to plug the hole in the dam at Whaley Bridge.
    Are you saying she has as much talent as a sandbag? That's pushing it a bit

Don't forget it's people like us who have made these Essex celebs and other celebs very rich people for playing the idiot, so who are the fools.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast