Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  41
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fishing Allstars

I'm not sure who's in that "us". Apart from accidentally landing on some hideous tv channel for a couple of seconds, or glancing at someone else's paper, I can honestly say it's not my attention or money that makes "celebs" rich; not guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by nottskev View Post
    I'm not sure who's in that "us". Apart from accidentally landing on some hideous tv channel for a couple of seconds, or glancing at someone else's paper, I can honestly say it's not my attention or money that makes "celebs" rich; not guilty.
    Nobody ever admits to watching these type of programmes but there are millions out there that do. That must include those on here that seem to know all about them.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    Nobody ever admits to watching these type of programmes but there are millions out there that do. That must include those on here that seem to know all about them.
    Not at all. You're confusing knowing that the world of celebrity/reality exists, and being interested in it. People do lots of things that others know about but don't do themselves. You say "must" - but there's no logic in what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    I know that necrophilia exists but I don’t subscribe to it. You are confusing knowledge and awareness with interest and enthusiasm.

Blog Entries

Nah not having that John. You're telling us that you haven't done a few when you young that you thought might as well be dead from the thighs upward!

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    Nah not having that John. You're telling us that you haven't done a few when you young that you thought might as well be dead from the thighs upward!
    Does screwing the wife count?

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    Is it cheating having a boat place your baits hanging off a tree?
    No I would not say so, I think it's quite a clever whenever a new meathod comes out people are quick to say its cheating, swimfeeder, roach pole, it's all cheating and skilless at first.

I've never done that and never will but its all a means to an end, I'd guess like everything else in fishing not as easy as it looks.
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

I watched it, I enjoyed it it was nice to see the roach fishing there somthing different, also the carp. I think it was nice they targeted the roach over the zander I'd of expected them to fish for.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Dean Macey, the problem with all these new TV programmes is going to another country where certain fish that are rare, and as a result of being rare, special, is they make a 2lb roach a 30lb carp just another fish because the place where is was captured is full of them!
    Last edited by daniel121; 11-08-2019 at 06:02. Reason: To make sense
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by daniel121 View Post
    No I would not say so, I think it's quite a clever whenever a new meathod comes out people are quick to say its cheating, swimfeeder, roach pole, it's all cheating and skilless at first.

I've never done that and never will but its all a means to an end, I'd guess like everything else in fishing not as easy as it looks.
    But at least you still caught the fish with those methods, "who" caught the fish when a bloke in a boat put the bait in the desired spot for you. I would say he did, he did most of the hard work. Either way, I could never in my heart feel I totally caught the fish and wouldn't claim to have done so, a joint effort with credit going to the boatman at least.
    And what about netting rights, I net my own fish; a crucial part of the skill in angling.
    If someone put the bait in for you and someone netted the fish for you-you virtually done f-all and have no right to claim you and no one else caught that fish !! Thats the "cheat" the deception you caught the fish, all on your own, all your own skill.
    And where do record claims come into this? Hillary always acknowledges his Sherpa when claiming his record on Everest!
    Last edited by markg; 11-08-2019 at 07:21.

Good shout on Dr Feelgood Nottskev, I have played with Gypie Mayo (Milk & Alcohol guitarist) back in the day, he did like a drink ! They were a great Band. Also from Canvey Island were Eddie & the Hot Rods who have a top ten hit in 1977 with do With Do Anything you Wanna do - Just Saying ..

Dean Macey - At least its a fishing programme on prime time TV, yes he's a bit boisterous but if it gets a few on the bank then thats a good thing.

Essex is ok by the way guys :-)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast