Fishing Allstars

seth49

Reaction score
New series with dean macey, starts next Thursday at 8 pm, on ITV 4.

nottskev

Reaction score
How come The Only Way Is Essex these days? Can they not find a presenter from anywhere else?

mikench

Reaction score
I wouldnt pay him in washers as they say oop north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
He would be rather good I reckon ; the programme would have the feel good factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Macey is a good allrounder,don't like the style,but some decent fishing being done,so a must watch for me.

theartist

Reaction score
Its funny this Essex bashing, always seems to easy for folks living outside the place to 'have a go' from a distance

Loads of top people in Essex and a small minority give the place a bad rep, they are mad on fishing there plus there are some of the most scenic coastal areas in the country

mikench

Reaction score
Would Essex be anything like " another planet" Rob?:rolleyes:

Judging by the odd reality tv show , which I haven't watched, it is!

theartist

Reaction score
Would Essex be anything like " another planet" Rob?:rolleyes:

Judging by the odd reality tv show , which I haven't watched, it is!

Mike you gotta stop judging stuff by programmes you haven't watched, it really is quite a daft thing to do :D

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its funny this Essex bashing, always seems to easy for folks living outside the place to 'have a go' from a distance

Loads of top people in Essex and a small minority give the place a bad rep, they are mad on fishing there plus there are some of the most scenic coastal areas in the country

No Essex....No 66 World Cup.

john step

Reaction score
I grew up in Dagenham,Essex. They moved it into London in 1965. I dont recognise most of the cr&p talked about the county.
Our Editor came from just down the road at South Okendon. (Terrific pit fishing area at the time)

Hey HO what do I know. I own a Skoda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I grew up in Dagenham,Essex. They moved it into London in 1965. I dont recognise most of the cr&p talked about the county.
Our Editor came from just down the road at South Okendon. (Terrific pit fishing area at the time)

Hey HO what do I know. I own a Skoda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good man,I own one too....

peterjg

Reaction score
Why do Skodas have heated rear windows? To keep your hands warm when you are pushing them! Sorry, I'll shut up .....

nottskev

Reaction score

Did you look at the article ? It's a fascinating look at the county and it's postwar history, and the writer is fully aware of the Essex stereotype and goes way beneath it. My earlier comment just reflects that I get cheesed off with the loud, 'avin' it large presenter style that drowns out a lot of the pleasure in a fishing programme.

theartist

Reaction score
Did you look at the article ? It's a fascinating look at the county and it's postwar history, and the writer is fully aware of the Essex stereotype and goes way beneath it. My earlier comment just reflects that I get cheesed off with the loud, 'avin' it large presenter style that drowns out a lot of the pleasure in a fishing programme.

Yes I did, I didn't agree with some of it though, I actually go fishing at South Woodham Ferrers a bit so found that interesting as it is a really nice place to wet a line and a nice town.

I think the loud presenters thing isn't an Essex monopoly when you look at Robson Green and others, its always an easy stereotype though.

nottskev

Reaction score
Yes I did, I didn't agree with some of it though, I actually go fishing at South Woodham Ferrers a bit so found that interesting as it is a really nice place to wet a line and a nice town.

I think the loud presenters thing isn't an Essex monopoly when you look at Robson Green and others, its always an easy stereotype though.

Have you seen Oil City Confidential? The Dr Feelgood story - delicious mix of people, place and music. Deservedly got rave reviews along these lines ""What's really captivating about the film is the stunning footage of an industrial rust belt world, the life history of the band members growing up there, the articulate-funny candour of surviving band members and locals, perhaps especially guitarist Wilko Johnson, and the band performance footage integrated into the whole". A little hymn to one side of Essex. There was no need to mention Robson Green :)

theartist

Reaction score
Have you seen Oil City Confidential? The Dr Feelgood story - delicious mix of people, place and music. Deservedly got rave reviews along these lines ""What's really captivating about the film is the stunning footage of an industrial rust belt world, the life history of the band members growing up there, the articulate-funny candour of surviving band members and locals, perhaps especially guitarist Wilko Johnson, and the band performance footage integrated into the whole". A little hymn to one side of Essex. There was no need to mention Robson Green :)

No not seen that,

The irony is I quite like Robson Green (Adorn tin hat and enter nuclear proof bunker :D), I felt his earlier shows were a disaster but he/they learned from it and seemed to tone it down for later series.

Fishing programmes are always going to err on the light entertainment side of things so get on mainstream tv nowadays, I think the laddish element which I think we all agree could be toned down in some of the shows is here to stay. I'm not keen on this Macey one but that's mainly down to the format. Still think we are too keen to criticise fishing programmes on TV when they are just what they are