Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floater fishing

Default Re: Floater fishing

A customer put me onto Bakers complete meaty chunks the other day and they were good. Bigger than a mixer and hookable.

I have been using the new type Korum Interceptor controllers which lay flat and have some self hooking capability. If they are suspicious because of the controller or bait dragging or they are pulling up short then anchored crust is a great way to go. It’s a bit like a zig rig but you allow the bait to reach the surface.

I grease the hook link to about eight inches from the hook when using a controller, which gives the best of both worlds. I have been toying with the idea of tying a short flouro hook link to the end of the floating mono bit but haven’t tried it yet.

Don’t be afraid to use a large lump of crust I use a bit about the size of a matchbox with a number 4 hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

I clearly need some bigger hooks for large crust.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    I clearly need some bigger hooks for large crust.
    I sort of sew the line to the crust by going through it a few times and the bigger gape makes this easier and for a easier hook up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

I've ordered some bigger hooks and will try that Ray.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123