Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Default Assembling a larger net - how?

Hi All, I’ve just bought a new Advanta Discovery CX Rover landing net. How are you supposed to assemble the arms carrying the net into the spreader? I don’t want to break it immediately....All of my previous nets have been loop/spoon types.

Cheers, Bob

Default Re: Assembling a larger net - how?

Put one of the arms in a hole then bend the other and it will fit in OK.
    Last edited by peter crabtree; 06-08-2019 at 13:13.

I’m always fearful of losing the spreader block so have araldited one arm in the block permanently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    I’m always fearful of losing the spreader block so have araldited one arm in the block permanently.
    Ooooh,you don't want to do that,your better off leaving it on the pole,or boxing it,buy a spare one too...never hurts...

I find it easiest to rest the front of the net on the ground and flex it that way, rather than trying to grapple with it off the ground. I do the same to disassemble the net, as my forearms appear to be too short to do it the way I was shown (by bracing one arm of the net against an elbow and pulling the opposing arm towards your body)...

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

That looks ridiculously simple but never have I ever managed to do that so easily. One day the arm pops in sweet as a nut...the next day no matter what I do it just will not play ball.

Good vid that. So much easier to see it than to explain it. Like to see him do it with a wet,slimey one though.

Thanks All, and especially for the video link. I can’t set it up or down as easily as that yet, but I suppose it’s just a matter of practice. The main pole of the net I’ve just bought seems to flex nearly as much as each of the net arms, so that isn’t making it any easier.......

I’m hoping to get out to a local estate water tomorrow as a first visit to a new water, and they insist on a large net (min 36”), hence the purchase. Wish me luck and a wet net

Cheers, Bob

When I first bought a similar net (Drennan) I was wrestling an octopus trying to get it up and down, soon worked out the technique of inserting one arm and then pressure on it and insert the other. Reverse to disassemble.

I once drove 90 miles to fish and found I had left the spreader block at home, as I had last used a pan net, after much hair pulling and driving around the countryside I found a tackle shop that sold a spreader block. This lives permanently in my tackle bag now!