Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: so guys and girls whats your best find why fishing or going fishing

this is getting daft I say those in glass houses let them cast the first stone ...im sure all those having a holyer than tho attitude have never done anything wrong in all the years of their existence ...im not talking finders keepers buy the way im talking kicking the dog when its mest or fighting or any of the other things that a guy goes throught to call lifes experiences ..so no need to make me feel lower than a snakes belly guys we are going to be stuck by lightining at some stage

my three "best" were all returned to the rightful owner - all when I was a teenager:
    1. an abu 506 that was left behind in "Bill's swim" by the eponymous Bill on his weekly visit to the river at Odell
    2. a 12ft micromesh keepnet that was left tangled in barbed wire in the river on a fast rising flash flood in the millpool - reunited after I disentangled it with the owner (iirc named Richard Howkins)
    3. best of the lot - a beachcaster and multiplier off lowestoft pier, hooked through the butt eye. It had been dragged in by a passing motorboat that morning!

Quote Originally Posted by bonjqvi View Post
    this is getting daft I say those in glass houses let them cast the first stone ...im sure all those having a holyer than tho attitude have never done anything wrong in all the years of their existence ...im not talking finders keepers buy the way im talking kicking the dog when its mest or fighting or any of the other things that a guy goes throught to call lifes experiences ..so no need to make me feel lower than a snakes belly guys we are going to be stuck by lightining at some stage
    I made a kid give me his dinner money on the way to his school, if it makes you feel any better. It wouldn’t be so bad but I only did it a month ago, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Now if only someone would reunite me with my Preston Brolly, bank stick and rod rest. I never thought anybody would and I was right.

I have left nets and bank sticks never been returned. I did once leave a camera bag and cameras in a fishing shop in Warwick when returning from fishing. Didn't realise till I got home 3 hours later and I thought I had seen the last of them. When rang the shop they were still where I left them. The very kind shop owner sent them back me recorded delivery. I made a donation to his favourite charity to cover the cost plus more.

A brand new in box, although a very soggy one, stihl autocut strimmer head.
    Fitted mine perfectly!

One I wish I had never found

When fishing with a friend at lake near Melton Mowbray
    There was a guy fishing about a hundred years down from us, who has some buzzers set up one of which keep going off.
    Thinking he was as asleep, we eventually wonder down to let him know he had a fish on.
    We found him dead in his bivvy
    I have never wanted to go back there to fish since that day
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Found a nice reel once, started to tackle up and noticed it 30 yds away on the path, when I went to pick it up it looked familar, it was mine; it had fallen out of my rod bag!

I once found a phone on a bus and tracked the owner down, he gave me £80, he asked for my bank account and insisted he gave me something, expected a tenner or something but £80, what a nice bloke, Nigerian staying in London on holiday.
    It does pay sometimes to do the right thing but I am not casting aspersions on the poster, hard cash must be hard to resist when your young and broke. And he is right, who has not given into temptation some time or other.
    I used to do a bit of metal detecting while fishing on the beach, found loads of rings, watches gold chains, pound coins (shaggers mainly, used to fall out of thier pockets while defiling some poor defenceless maiden, serves them right), if anything had an engraving on it I handed it in to the police station but kept a lot of it rightly or wrongly. Great for finding fishing tackle, never bought a trace or weight in my life. I filled up two carrier bags once detecting over rocks on a spring tide at a popular fishing spot.

And I have just done it myself, left a bag of 3 old fishing books I had just bought in a village I was visiting, I have contacted on the village facebook page to see if anyone found them, now wouldn't it be nice if someone has and I will give them what I paid for them as a reward if they have.
    Last edited by markg; 14-08-2019 at 07:32.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrissh View Post
    One I wish I had never found

When fishing with a friend at lake near Melton Mowbray
    There was a guy fishing about a hundred years down from us, who has some buzzers set up one of which keep going off.
    Thinking he was as asleep, we eventually wonder down to let him know he had a fish on.
    We found him dead in his bivvy
    I have never wanted to go back there to fish since that day
    oh hard luck that must have been horendous

Last summer I found a Drennan rod and reel attached to a 3lb Chub

I saw it bobbing in the shallows as it's previous owner had sheepishly asked me if I could find it

I was so tempted to throw dad in that day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast