Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: so guys and girls have you ever been on a fishing holiday

Wish them all the best from me too Ray,f##k the kissing bit though,I know they like it...

Only once, six of us went to salmon fish the river moy in Ireland, really enjoyed it, never seen as many salmon in my life.
    This was back in 2000, when there were still plenty of salmon about, used to stand on the bridge at the bottom of the ridge pool, and watch the salmon jumping, there were sometimes six or seven up in the air at once.

One thing I did like was the food over there, some of the best meals I’ve ever had,we caught a few salmon too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    Are telling the complete truth. Are you sure you didn't get a monster on too??
    yep hand on heart she would never dare strip of , but it was an opportunity I could not miss .I never even mentioned nearly setting the log cabin on fire with our outside bbq but thats another story

Blog Entries

Well,having just got back from Christchurch,I must say the mossies are a pain in the neck,both where I stay and on the river,now when I get bit they're itchy angry red lumps for days,my missus got bitten twice this year,cellulitus,she had the same two years ago. Also I used Avon skin so soft and to be fair it kept the beggars away in the main,probably got bitten about ten times,not bad for the times I'm about,I mean 8pm is serious mossie time...

Blog Entries

A couple of mates and I used to have a few days each year staying at a bed & breakfast situated in the road running right next to the Throop stretch of the Stour. It was Ideal and it catered for anglers with bait and tackle storage facilities and packed lunches made up for us each day.

I cant remember the name of the bed & breakfast as my mate used to book it each year, but it was Ideal with the river running behind a fence across the road.

Whether it’s still there I don’t know but if it is I would definately recommend it.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 25-08-2019 at 09:47.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Blog Entries

Where I used to stay at Ringwood was similar Keith,Avonmead guest house,run by Ray and Betty Whales,lovely people who both fished,I would imagine they are both sadly no longer with us,very happy memories made there and some decent acquaintances...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12