so guys and girls have you ever been on a fishing holiday

bonjqvi

Reaction score
about 10 years ago myself and the other half went to cornwall to a beautiful site that had 3 ponds one of the ponds was smack outside our wooden hut which was purpose built for fishing holidays at the time there was 3 huts , 2 bed rooms lounge ,kitchen
and bathroom,
it was in the middle of nowhere and quite a walk to to pub ,first day was strange fishing and leaving tackle out already set up for next days fishing .and even strange getting bacon brought to the bank when we were hungry.
but as the days went on ,we realised there was only us there and we got more daring as the sun was beating down and the fishing was good I stripped of fully nude and that was an experience never to forget especially when the girlfriend got a monster on ,on the other side of the bank and I had to run around the pond in the nud hahahaha great holiday never to be forgotten ..

flightliner

Reaction score
I once went down to my short trews and braces along with my wellies but I drew the line at taking my four cornered handkerchief off my head!

John Keane

Reaction score
Every Spring I go up to the Highlands of Scotland for two separate weeks salmon fishing on the River Spey, one in April, one in May.

bonjqvi

Reaction score
Scotland is great we go up twice a tear aswell

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
With 5 others I used to visit Ireland every year through the 80s and 90s. We had some good catches and a few bad trips. Good memories for me.

Reaction score
I've been on many fishing holidays,the first couple to Christchurch fishing Throop and the Royalty,then several on the Severn at Bridgenorth,then several more in Eire,several more at Ringwood on the Avon,before marriage and kids took control of the nature of our holidays,now I'm back at Christchurch and sneakily getting four hours fishing in the evenings on the Stour,as you can tell I don't like fishing much...:rolleyes:

steve2

Reaction score
Had many family holidays that were part fishing normally a few hours a day.
Before family came along had fishing holidays in Ireland, Scotland and across England.

Whitty
Where do you stay in Christchurch and where on the Stour do you fish?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I’m going for five days in September to Ross on Wye. There are a few reprobates who used to post regularly on here going too.

It’s a fair way for me but some of the guys are coming from Devon and Cornwall. Last couple of times we went near to Bridgenorth on the Severn and the time before the Upper Taymar Reservoir where the most recent Whitehouse and Mortimer programme was filmed. The fishing is good but the company is even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ray,

Had I not been in France for that period Ray then I'd have gone as well as those events are a great craic . . . .

Well worth going to see the state of some of them "the morning after" not to mention meetng up with some of the old characters who left during the exodus . . . .

PS: give old Dave a "kiss" from me ;)

john step

Reaction score
I stripped of fully nude and that was an experience never to forget especially when the girlfriend got a monster on said:
Are telling the complete truth. Are you sure you didn't get a monster on too?? :wh

Reaction score
Wish them all the best from me too Ray,f##k the kissing bit though,I know they like it...

seth49

Reaction score
Only once, six of us went to salmon fish the river moy in Ireland, really enjoyed it, never seen as many salmon in my life.
This was back in 2000, when there were still plenty of salmon about, used to stand on the bridge at the bottom of the ridge pool, and watch the salmon jumping, there were sometimes six or seven up in the air at once.

One thing I did like was the food over there, some of the best meals I’ve ever had,we caught a few salmon too.

bonjqvi

Reaction score
Are telling the complete truth. Are you sure you didn't get a monster on too?? :wh

yep hand on heart she would never dare strip of , but it was an opportunity I could not miss .I never even mentioned nearly setting the log cabin on fire with our outside bbq but thats another story

Reaction score
Well,having just got back from Christchurch,I must say the mossies are a pain in the neck,both where I stay and on the river,now when I get bit they're itchy angry red lumps for days,my missus got bitten twice this year,cellulitus,she had the same two years ago. Also I used Avon skin so soft and to be fair it kept the beggars away in the main,probably got bitten about ten times,not bad for the times I'm about,I mean 8pm is serious mossie time...

Keith M

Reaction score
A couple of mates and I used to have a few days each year staying at a bed & breakfast situated in the road running right next to the Throop stretch of the Stour. It was Ideal and it catered for anglers with bait and tackle storage facilities and packed lunches made up for us each day.

I cant remember the name of the bed & breakfast as my mate used to book it each year, but it was Ideal with the river running behind a fence across the road.

Whether it’s still there I don’t know but if it is I would definately recommend it.

Keith

Last edited:

Reaction score
Where I used to stay at Ringwood was similar Keith,Avonmead guest house,run by Ray and Betty Whales,lovely people who both fished,I would imagine they are both sadly no longer with us,very happy memories made there and some decent acquaintances...