First go at putting worms on hooks

alex_noel

Reaction score
A fisherman down at the river gave me some worms for my book (was using power bait. Was finding it a bit hard to put them on (plus I was squeamish about them wriggling about, but he kindly put them on for me. I got up this morning determined to crack it. Put a glove on, held a hook with a pair of pliers, and pinned the worms down on a hard surface with the gloved hand and pierced them through a few times. Job done!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

daniel121

Reaction score
*worms for my hook, dam autocorrect!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I call it auto cock up :p its never works does it?

Fishing worm, well firstly its not for the squeamish you highlight your first problem right off the bat. if you are going to be fishing chopped worm and caster its a horribly messy and quite grim form or fishing. However fishing isn't the cleanest of hobbies let be honest.

Now best way to hook worms, I have done the same thing for years now as long as I'm not fishing a brandling that is. I stick my thumb nail in the middle of the worm press down and cut it in two. I then hook into the open wound where the gunk is coming out, that's the bit where the amino acids will be leaking out into the water and that's why that's the bit that goes into the fishes mouth first! If I wish to fish a whole worm I still do that just put two pieces on.

You may not like that answer but that's the one your getting :) :eek:mg:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look up Binkas method, it’s a goodun.