Preston absolute float rod

Jobber131

Reaction score
Hi anyone recommend Preston absolute super float rod can’t find much info on them thanks

JONM14

Reaction score
Havent used this rod but most of my gear is Preston and i rate them highly as a manufacturer if thats of any help. May be worth finding a tackle shop with one in to get a feel for it in your hand. When i buy a new rod my local tackle shop lets met set it up in store with the reel ill be using to make sure im happy with the balance etc. My current float rod is a Greys Prodigy which is really good although 3 years old now. My dad has had the newer version which may be the Torean??? (not 100%) but he likes that.

sam vimes

Reaction score
The Preston Absolute Super Float was discontinued quite a few years back. No idea what it's like, it's a rod that passed me by completely.

trotter2

Reaction score
I had hold of one just recently it was in a local second hand tackle shop.It felt ok maybe slightly better than average. It was cheap but I never bought it.

Like anything it depends on what you are comparing it too.

John Keane

Reaction score
Not the same model, I know, bout I looked at the Preston Carbonactive rods when buying a 13ft waggler rod. Thought they were a bit tip heavy compared to the comparable Drennan Matchpros. Didn’t look at the Acolytes as they break (allegedly)!