when was the last time you guys cleaned out your tackle box

daniel121

Reaction score
Pretty regularly, in fact I don't go long. Everything is in place and everything has its place in my kit.

Oldpeddaller

Reaction score
I just did a sort out tonight. All my sea gear in one big old fibreglass seat box. Beach and boat sinkers plus pirks in two galvanised buckets. Spare reels of all types in a big plastic crate. Fly fishing tackle in a nice new creel bag. Fly tying kit all in one spare cantilever box. Rods of different types in separate holdalls. Keepnets and big landing nets in one old Daiwa net bag. Coarse fishing gear in a large cantilever box. Ready to use coarse kit (stick and waggler floats, hooks, non toxic shot, plummets, feeders, rod rests, extending landing net, 2 reels and spare spools, bait boxes) all fitted into one stool/rucksack with telescopic rods fitted sideways across under the flap. Why? I'm just getting back to fishing and my health isn't what it was. I'm in remission (thankfully) but still very weak and lugging heaps of gear around, driving great distances and fishing all day are all currently beyond me. My plan is to fish the local river for an hour or two, travelling on my e-bike with my gear on the rack. A return to the magic of childhood - at least for the moment!

mikench

Reaction score
Good luck to you. The most important factor with doing sea and course fishing( I do a little of the latter) is the corrosive nature of salt water on rods, reels, lures, hooks and swivels. Never the Twain and all that. I am trying and failing to reduce my kit and plan to be more assertive to myself. I tidy my car, or mobile tackle shop once a month. My main problem is I buy something, put it away and then forget where!

David Gane

Reaction score
I tend to clean out my accessories box a couple of times a year. Apart from anything it's a good opportunity to collect together all the random swivels and other bits and pieces that have found their way to the bottom. Am I the only person though whose box has turned into a little menagerie though? No matter how often I clean up there is a little colony of tiny crawling mites that hangs on and hangs on. How the heck do you get rid of them?

rich66

Reaction score
This afternoon was the last time I cleaned mine out, gets a quick once over at the end of a days fishing, a double check the night before a session and a proper tidy out every couple of months

rayner

Reaction score
I really wish I had some sort of a caring when it comes to looking after my gear but I just don't.
It's not like I don't have time, I just can't be bothered.

Aknib

Reaction score
I'm quite routine really, the only thing I can't just pick up and go is my Pike gear as that never came out last Winter in favour of Zander but I will concede that it needs a damn good shake down on the bags and various niche holders of terminal gear.

A lad at work is pestering me to take him Pike fishing so it may well get that shakedown pretty soon.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Every time i have been out .

Mainly because when i de rig it just put it all in one box then i sort it all out at home where it gets clean and stashed as needed .

Plus i use a lot of micro pellets they seem to get in places they should not be getting My Reels also get regular maintainance as well , although i have to admit i use normal grease on the innards of my reels instead of fancy sewing machine lubes i have never found it makes and difference at all .

PG ...