Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I have several book tokens which I recieved this Christmas however I wanted to get your choices ofbooks to help me choose.

I don't want a simple 'how to do it' book but want a couple of good absorbing readsrecountingfishing tales, days out on the rivers after Barbel, Roach etc. and of course they would preferably need to be on sale today so that I can use my book tokens.

What books would yourecommend buying?

Maggie

Chris Yates' books are quite goodand absorbing.

"Fish Tales" by Billie Chapman-Pincher is a collection of ghillie related stories, certainly not a "how to do it"!

What ever you choose I hope you enjoy your reading.

Blog Entries

Maggie,

Some of the best (in my opinion) descriptive writing is that of Chris Yates.

Try:

The Deepening Pool, Falling In Again and How to Fish, which are all very good to read.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Nobby C (ACA) Guest

Red letter days is a good'un if you can get it mind.

I already have Yates "Falling in again" and his "How to Fish" book but I haven't got "The Deepening Pool" so I will try to see if I can get that book if can.

Ill also have a look at the "Red Letter Days" book Nobby . Who writes it is it Yates?

I'll have a look for the "Fish Tales" book Emmo but I have not heard of Billie Chapman-Pincher.

I was told that a good book that has been recently published is "Walker's Pitch II - Edited by Peter Maskell" My hubby has another book edited by Peter Maskell which contains the best of Walkers articles from an anglingmagazine and I enjoyed reading that.

Thanks again for your help [img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Nobby C (ACA) Guest

Maggie, it's a compilation by a variety of writers, I think it was illustrated by john searle who had a book published called "A brush with the Avon"

Try anglebooks on the net. oR Google.

Pete Rogers edited Red Letter Days, John Searl illustrated it

Im very grateful for your help thanks all[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Maggie.

I will second Deeping Pool and also add - River Prince by Chris Yates as well.

If you want a bit of barbel history as well - Can of Worms by Jon Berry is a must.

Graham

Baz (Angel of the North) Guest

Casting At The Sun by Chris Yates is a must have read.

Although it is primarily about Carp fishing, it is not a how to do it book, so it could be applied to any type of of angling adventures in times gone by.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast