Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fishing seat/chairs.

I find years of working,standing on concrete floors have made standing,trotting for hours a thing of the past sadly,so I use a Penrose platform,to push my tackle on and to sit on(a memory foam pillow saves the posterior)in a lot of cases,the platform has longish legs(you can buy longer),this year whilst barbel fishing on holiday I've thought the same as you,it's slightly low, I use a korum chair for this,so thought about a daddy long legs type chair,I like the back rest on the chair and it has to be a recliner,so your more upright.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think the Korum is the way forward for me. I'd be interested to know if the chair has a carry bag as I have one for my current chair, and it's handy to put my pan net & unhooking mat in (inside a dustbin liner) too. I did think about a "Daddy Long Legs" chair, but they weigh 9kg!

I also think I need to consider some kind of trolly. Even though I had parked close to my swim on Friday, I made several "runs" to and from the waterside as I just couldn't carry much either.

Blog Entries

Get a Penrose mate,before you buy the chair,it might save you money in the long run,let us know how you get on and all the best in your search...

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Get a Penrose mate,before you buy the chair,it might save you money in the long run,let us know how you get on and all the best in your search...
    Surely if I went down that route I'd also have to invest in a box/seat to use with it? I bought some Nash luggage last year with a number of Lemco tackle boxes which will probably not be used if I went that route....

Blog Entries

I sit on the platform,as I say with a memory foam pillow for comfort,the legs make all but cliffs fishable....have a look online mate...
    Ps. I use bungies and put bags,boxes,even holdalls,the lot,so no you don't need to buy a seat box,you need to carry your gear in something.
    Last edited by whitty; 01-09-2019 at 13:48.

Me and my mate have this setup, as do others we know, we all swear by it.

Another endorsement for the barrow kit for the Korum chair. It's not expensive and it works a treat. I would not be without it. When you get to the peg, you remove the wheel ,the handle and the chair is ready to sit on. Another reason why the Korum chair is so good ..

Blog Entries

My one is yonks old,is your chair a recliner Mike?

No mine is the basic model which suits me fine. The chair has arms and a barrow kit which are indispensable. I have a couple of other chairs as well.

Blog Entries

So do i,but I find on sloping banks the recliner is invaluable and as I only use mine for barbel(in the main),the river banks slope,so...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast