Fishing seat/chairs.

mikench

Reaction score
The Korum chair, the Korum aeroniûm lightweight chair( 2.4 k) and the Kodex full Monty chair are all comfortable and fully adjustable. I recommend them all.

Reaction score
The Korum chair, the Korum aeroniûm lightweight chair( 2.4 k) and the Kodex full Monty chair are all comfortable and fully adjustable. I recommend them all.

Thinking of getting the aeronium deluxe as it has padding for my ample rear....

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
Like many on here I have never found the right fishing chair for all occasions, I doubt if one exists.
So I have ended up with a number of chairs and boxes but the one that gets the most use is a cheap fishing chair from Aldi.
As with all fishing tackle you ask for advice and you can end up with a dozen different answers to what is best. So I wont recommend anything you have to try them yourself.

Reaction score
Like many on here I have never found the right fishing chair for all occasions, I doubt if one exists.
So I have ended up with a number of chairs and boxes but the one that gets the most use is a cheap fishing chair from Aldi.
As with all fishing tackle you ask for advice and you can end up with a dozen different answers to what is best. So I wont recommend anything you have to try them yourself.

Lol,very true...

John Keane

Reaction score
Saw a Wychwood Tactical X padded chair, with arms, that wasn’t really low for £64.99 at Taskers in Liverpool, weighed 5kg.

Attachments

• 30AF38A6-392C-4F61-8231-C808D5886B47.jpeg
    30AF38A6-392C-4F61-8231-C808D5886B47.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 270

chrissh

Reaction score
I up graded my chair at Christmas last year to help with my back problems. From the Korum deluxe chair to the new Korum x25 deluxe with the arms, I also bought the barrow kit to fit the chair its a nice chair but has been confined to the shed duo to the weight of it at 8kg.

I now have a Trakker levelite longback Chair that has the high back and adjustable legs and only 4.5 kg

http://[url=https://postimages.org/] [/URL]

Jelster

Reaction score
I up graded my chair at Christmas last year to help with my back problems. From the Korum deluxe chair to the new Korum x25 deluxe with the arms, I also bought the barrow kit to fit the chair its a nice chair but has been confined to the shed duo to the weight of it at 8kg.

Surely with the barrow kit, the weight is not really that much of an issue?

Met somebody with one today and tried it out. Has to be the way to go for me. If you're interested in moving the X25 & barrow kit on, let me know.

john step

Reaction score
Saw a Wychwood Tactical X padded chair, with arms, that wasn’t really low for £64.99 at Taskers in Liverpool, weighed 5kg.

Looking at the adjustment devices and the mud feed I reckon they come from the same source as the Nash stuff. I bet the same factory makes many brands and you pay more for a name.

mikench

Reaction score
I now use the barrow kit in 99% of trips as it's so easy and you have to open up the chair at the peg so why not in the car park. Its weight of 6k is irrelevant when you are wheeling it .

Reaction score
Is that the whole chair,or the barrow kit Mike,as that must weigh a bit?

Also Mike,does your aeronium chair have weight ratings on it,as they don't show any on they're website,collapsability rating in my case...

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
The chair weighs about 6 kilos or so the wheel kit will add a few more. You just fit a bracket to the front member permanently and the wheels slot in in 3 seconds. The front handle fits in a similar time. The chair is loaded up with your gear and off you go. It's like pushing a wheelbarrow of garden waste. I still wouldn't push it half a mile but I would never fish that far . I leave the kit in the car all the time and I can load up and unload in 5 minutes.

I couldn't fit a trolley in the car so a wheel kit is brilliant. I might add I bought the chair because of the wheel kit.

I don't know of the tolerances on the lightweight aeronium chair but I'm 6' and 14 stone and I do not have a problem. I sit in the garden in it.

I have just checked it Alan and the label simply says where it was made( china) and what of in 20 languages.

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
A1AC66C1-F401-4B84-B61A-A8075BEBBAAD.jpg
Another good thing with the Korum chairs, is the variety of attachments, you can add on to the chairs, were I fish the pegs are either wood or concrete, fitting my rod rests to the chair as above, let’s me have my rod close to hand.
In fact I can sit there with my hand on the rod handle comfortably, while waiting for a bite, and just put the baitrunner on, to have a sandwich etc.

Reaction score
I have an old square legged one(which I still use,though getting ragged),I like having the rear rest on the front leg.

Jelster

Reaction score
Seems that I can source the deluxe chair, but the barrow kit is being difficult to find. Ideally I would like both, does anybody know of a good Korum stockist that does mail order, as none of my local places seem that interested to help.

mikench

Reaction score
I was in my local AD today and the manager whom I know well mentioned that he couldn't get hold of wheel kits and thought that PI who own Korum were no longer making them.

If you can get one I would do. You could ring Matt at AD in Wilmslow on 01625 528831 and see if he can source one for you.

Reaction score
I found a few dealers who have them jelster,I was looking myself before seeing your post,change the wording round in your search and it comes up with a few....

Reaction score
I was in my local AD today and the manager whom I know well mentioned that he couldn't get hold of wheel kits and thought that PI who own Korum were no longer making them.

If you can get one I would do. You could ring Matt at AD in Wilmslow on 01625 528831 and see if he can source one for you.

As I said in my other thread,get something decent,they'll stop selling it...

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've yet to find the chair/seat that will cover all situations and I dont think such a beast exists.If I'm likely to be sat around waiting for a run/take I like something bigger and more padded than if I'm moving about or engaged in "busy" fishing. That inevitably means heavier. I've tried but I simply cannot pole fish from a chair. Ive seen other people do it but I can't.

I know a lot of people like the Korum chairs but I've tried them and to me they are one of the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat in. The wheel thing is an attractive idea but I'll be damned if I'll buy a chair I dont find comfortable just so I can wheel it about...I'd never get all my gear on it anyway. The various gizmos you can buy to fit on it would drive me insane. I dont want anything attached to my chair wobbling about waiting to trip me up and dump me headfirst into the watter.

I've several chairs in the shed...all get used albeit some only occasionally but the current two seeing most banktime are both Foxes. The Fox Duralite, which is ridiculously light and infinately more comfy than the JRC Stealth which is also very light but has armrests which the JRC lacks. The other is another bigger Fox chair whose name escapes me atm. Lots more padding, heavier but super comfy...also with armrests which I prefer. Thats my long session /wait chair. I think chairs generally tend to be on the low side even if not sold as low chairs so armrests help in getting out of the things which is an issue if you have long legs ( I do) or back/joint issues ( I dont....yet) or are getting on a bit (I am).

Seatbox wise I have the TFG compact seatbox which is one of the best bits of kit I ever bought. Very Old School but so am I so we get on fine. The carrying harness is a waste of space so I cut it off mine. I dont own a pole anglers gizmo box nor will I...ever. Can't stand the things.

Last edited: