Fishing seat/chairs.

John Keane

Reaction score
On the face of it the Korum Barrow Chair looks a good idea. I’d prefer 2 wheels on the front for better stability but that’s just me. I’d get one like a shot if I thought it would mean an improvement in my tackle carrying but I presently use a system whereby I carry a Daiwa (Shakey Beta) Box with Octoplus frame and legs and a large Drennan Bait Bucket and I think I’d struggle to get them stable on the chair. There are plenty of box systems that have additional wheels and handles but a chair with the aforesaid system is a clever idea.

mikench

Reaction score
It handles like a wheelbarrow and is stable and one can stop and it stands on the rear legs and the wheel. It surprisingly simple yet functional.

seth49

Reaction score
It will carry a maximum of forty kilograms as a barrow, so you can take plenty of tackle with it, and a couple of bungee straps will hold everything in place.

Most times when I go, I take a Korum table top bag, two cool bags, a bait bucket,two more bags, an umbrella and a rod hold-all.and it’s easy to push as well, and I’m pushing seventy.

Reaction score
Similar to my Penrose mate,I have one wheel that pushes like a wheelbarrow,these days I believe you have the choice of one,two,three of four wheels(be like pushing a pram),I don't know if Jelster has found a wheel kit,or the relevance of the most comfortable deluxe X25 chair if none is available,it's too heavy to walk any distance without risking a hernia,or aggravating the arthritis many of us suffer with...

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
It will carry a maximum of forty kilograms as a barrow, so you can take plenty of tackle with it, and a couple of bungee straps will hold everything in place.

Most times when I go, I take a Korum table top bag, two cool bags, a bait bucket,two more bags, an umbrella and a rod hold-all.and it’s easy to push as well, and I’m pushing seventy.

Isn't this one of the things causing us back problems, we all take far tackle more than we need.

steve2

Reaction score
Seatbox wise I have the TFG compact seatbox which is one of the best bits of kit I ever bought. Very Old School but so am I so we get on fine. The carrying harness is a waste of space so I cut it off mine. I dont own a pole anglers gizmo box nor will I...ever. Can't stand the things.

Saw these in Go Outdoors today, how much adjustment is there on the legs?

seth49

Reaction score
Isn't this one of the things causing us back problems, we all take far tackle more than we need.

Not a problem for me, I’m a big lad, and I’ve done heavy physical work all my life.

Reaction score
So have I,paying for it now though....

chrissh

Reaction score
Question how much could I ask as a price for a korum chair and barrow
I want to sell my Korum Deluxe X25 chair it complete with the barrow kit I bought it Christmas 2018 Still like new
The reason for sell, I have back problems with three disks that have gone in my back and I cannot manage the chair and bought lighter chair
The barrow kit has never been used
Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Ouch,as to your question,I'm not sure,consult fleabay for a week or so maybe for the going rate???

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Having looked on eBay there’s quite a bit of variation in price, down I think to the fact that they have to be collected as postage is difficult.

I think a fair price would be around £75 for the chair and barrow kit, plus roughly half the retail price for any additional accessories.

Jelster

Reaction score
I have been in contact with Preston (who own Korum) and they tell me that the barrow kit has been discontinued :eek:mg:

I can't find one on the Internet either, so I may have to reconsider my way forward.

Jelster

Reaction score
I had an email from Preston today telling me that a new “revised” kit will be available in October. No doubt it will be more expensive than the previous kit....

mikench

Reaction score
It could be well be worth the wait. I'll be interested to see what changes have been made.