Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pre-tied hook links.

Does anyone know how these are manufactured - by machine or by hand or maybe a bit of both. I tried a brief search on the internet but nothing came up. I hope they are not being largely hand tied and packed in sweat shops in some remote corner of the globe! If so they are off my shopping list.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pre-tied hook links.

Would you rather they starved??? I understand your feelings but if you don't buy them,someone else will. That said they could well be machine tied,I don't know,I have tried my own since the dark ages....

No I wouldn't but nor would I wish to line the pockets of tackle companies if they are not controlling where and how their products are manufactured.

The Guru and the Preston ones are so consistent in length and loop size I assume they must be machine tied although god knows how?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    No I wouldn't but nor would I wish to line the pockets of tackle companies if they are not controlling where and how their products are manufactured.
    Then this would rule most things in life that are manufactured cheaply then sold for profit. That is the way the world works.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    Then this would rule most things in life that are manufactured cheaply then sold for profit. That is the way the world works.
    Yep, and anyone using any of the 101 things with palm oil in is complicit in murdering orangutans!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    Fair point. Trying not to support companies that blatantly exploit workers is also part of the way the world works, as is showing an interest in how things get produced, not just what they cost to buy.

I would think they are machine tied, I personally don't use and have never trusted shop brought pre tied hook links there are people who tie them up by hand and ship them out in this country, via ebay. If you wish to pay someone to do it in good liveable conditions.

BTW we all should do our best to stop businesses exploiting people however doing it via political movement is more effective than individuals boycotting, is my opinion on the sub topic. If we did that we would have to boycott most things including many rods,reels and probably the computer you are writing this on!
    Last edited by daniel121; 02-09-2019 at 21:24. Reason: The expand on my point
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

I’ve begun using pre tied hooklengths from guru as both time and fiddliness of tying large amounts banded hooklengths was too much. I still tie normal hooklengths myself but will probably stop this when my supplies dwindle.

I hadn’t really considered the manufacturing process but thought that the slight extra cost would support the tackle shops I use.

I’d be interested to find out how they are made.

The guru ones are excellent by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post

I hadn’t really considered the manufacturing process but thought that the slight extra cost would support the tackle shops I use.

I’d be interested to find out how they are made.

The guru ones are excellent by the way.
    After reading this section of golden eagles reply I felt the need too expand on mine further.

Firstly I'd like to say, my reasoning for never trusting shop brought pre tied hook links is outdated, the last pre tied hook link I inspected was well over 25 years ago therefore I hold no quality view on today's shop brought hook links.

Secondly, I've never used the hand tieing services but here's a link to one I referred to in my first post

Hand Tied Hook Lengths | Hand Tied Pole Rigs | Made to order - by Ashley Francis
    Hand Tied Hook Lengths | Hand Tied Pole Rigs | Made to order - by Ashley Francis
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast