Catch n Cook Carp Video

Fishing-Mad

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I thought I’d share a funny video that I spent some time putting together covering the very controversial topic of HOW TO CATCH & COOK CARP. I bet you're Curious??

Video link - YouTube

Watch and enjoy a step by step instructional guide on catching carp. Things turn a little crazy as I throw in plenty of light hearted humour including some bizarre cooking & cleaning tips. It’s all in good fun, so I hope you enjoy the video. Please remember to support my channel by subscribing & commenting if you enjoyed it.

Just so I'm sharing some knowledge for others. I was using a 3-5 kilo rod, a 2000 size reel spooled with 10 pound braid. Baits used were corn kernels from the can and bread. I also use scrub worms and maggots. Was filmed at a couple of various locations mainly Cherry lake in Altona. I hope you find some helpful tips. My first attempt at some light hearted humour so I look forward to the comments and feedback.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ll tell you what is funny, how people join this forum with the sole purpose of promoting their videos and aren’t interested in contributing to the forum in any other way, the funny part is the fact that these videos are in the main complete rubbish.

I shall not like or subscribe.

mikench

Reaction score
And the fact that we are about to fail to win the Ashes makes us less congenial too. :rolleyes:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And the fact that we are about to fail to win the Ashes makes us less congenial too. :rolleyes:

I’ve no doubt you were saying the same at Headingley, have faith!

rich66

Reaction score
Why would you post a video to a forum of anglers who main sport revolves around catch and release ? It’s slightly bafflingly say the least or possibly just dam right disrespectful.

Personally I know people eat carp and other coarse fish but I find the idea repugnant.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We seem to be having a spate of slightly “unusual” opening posts from newcomers at the moment, this one possibly a troll or just someone desperate to get hits and subscribes on their YouTube channels.

steve2

Reaction score
Personally I know people eat carp and other coarse fish but I find the idea repugnant.
Why?
I eat sea fish and have eaten coarse fish and would again,where is the difference? No matter how we treat them fish they aren't our pets they are things we stick hooks in, some people find that also repugnant.
Don't forget unlike us many countries eat freshwater fish all the time.

rich66

Reaction score
Why?
I eat sea fish and have eaten coarse fish and would again,where is the difference? No matter how we treat them fish they aren't our pets they are things we stick hooks in, some people find that also repugnant.
Don't forget unlike us many countries eat freshwater fish all the time.

Just don’t like the idea Steve. Probably just the same as some people don’t like marmite.

bracket

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people eating fish, sea or fresh water. It is a matter of personal taste. That's not why this post has been put on an angling forum and not a culinary one. I reckon s69 has sussed it. Pete

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He’s posted the video on another fishing forum and got short shrift.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people eating fish, sea or fresh water. It is a matter of personal taste. That's not why this post has been put on an angling forum and not a culinary one. I reckon s69 has sussed it. Pete

Bit of a sore point with me Pete at the moment. As some will know I have spent many happy hours enjoying the free fishing on the river Stour through Canterbury City centre.

There have been various reports of long lining across the river in recent weeks with chub and pike falling to the baited hooks, some rescued but others perished, as far as I know the culprits have yet to be caught.

I spent a couple of hours this morning walking the length twice and in that time spotted just one chub, I would often see a few plus numerous pike and jacks and the resident carp which sadly maybe no more.

Furthermore not an angler on the bank.

John Keane

Reaction score
It’s a bit akin to the first post from the guy pushing a computer fishing simulator.