Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Catch n Cook Carp Video

Hi everyone,

I thought I’d share a funny video that I spent some time putting together covering the very controversial topic of HOW TO CATCH & COOK CARP. I bet you're Curious??

Video link -

Watch and enjoy a step by step instructional guide on catching carp. Things turn a little crazy as I throw in plenty of light hearted humour including some bizarre cooking & cleaning tips. It’s all in good fun, so I hope you enjoy the video. Please remember to support my channel by subscribing & commenting if you enjoyed it.

Just so I'm sharing some knowledge for others. I was using a 3-5 kilo rod, a 2000 size reel spooled with 10 pound braid. Baits used were corn kernels from the can and bread. I also use scrub worms and maggots. Was filmed at a couple of various locations mainly Cherry lake in Altona. I hope you find some helpful tips. My first attempt at some light hearted humour so I look forward to the comments and feedback.

Default Re: Catch n Cook Carp Video

I’ll tell you what is funny, how people join this forum with the sole purpose of promoting their videos and aren’t interested in contributing to the forum in any other way, the funny part is the fact that these videos are in the main complete rubbish.

I shall not like or subscribe.

And the fact that we are about to fail to win the Ashes makes us less congenial too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    And the fact that we are about to fail to win the Ashes makes us less congenial too.
    I’ve no doubt you were saying the same at Headingley, have faith!

Why would you post a video to a forum of anglers who main sport revolves around catch and release ? It’s slightly bafflingly say the least or possibly just dam right disrespectful.

Personally I know people eat carp and other coarse fish but I find the idea repugnant.

We seem to be having a spate of slightly “unusual” opening posts from newcomers at the moment, this one possibly a troll or just someone desperate to get hits and subscribes on their YouTube channels.

Quote Originally Posted by rich66 View Post
    Personally I know people eat carp and other coarse fish but I find the idea repugnant.
    Why?
    I eat sea fish and have eaten coarse fish and would again,where is the difference? No matter how we treat them fish they aren't our pets they are things we stick hooks in, some people find that also repugnant.
    Don't forget unlike us many countries eat freshwater fish all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    Why?
    I eat sea fish and have eaten coarse fish and would again,where is the difference? No matter how we treat them fish they aren't our pets they are things we stick hooks in, some people find that also repugnant.
    Don't forget unlike us many countries eat freshwater fish all the time.
    Just don’t like the idea Steve. Probably just the same as some people don’t like marmite.

I don't have a problem with people eating fish, sea or fresh water. It is a matter of personal taste. That's not why this post has been put on an angling forum and not a culinary one. I reckon s69 has sussed it. Pete
    Casternets

He’s posted the video on another fishing forum and got short shrift.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast