Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Weighing in my landing net?

Quote Originally Posted by wetthrough View Post
    Sadly not! I think ~13lb was the biggest on the small Prologic adapter. I think the handle would break before the adapter.
    I've just ordered a Korum one! Should I have gone for a prologic?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

In the net is the best and safest way to weigh fish that aren't huge or tiny

I always weigh the net after releasing the fish too - The weight is often slightly out depending on how wet the net is. It does vary.

i.e. One that's been soaked deep in water waiting for a fish will weigh more than a quickly dipped net. Often in fast water the net doesn't get fully submerged. I had a 1lb 15oz roach bare testament to this in the summer. My net nearly always goes 14oz wet but on this occasion was almost a pound. The fish would have been 2lb 1oz had I gone down the pre weighed net route
    Last edited by theartist; 18-09-2019 at 15:08.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston664 View Post
    Plenty of people use the Korum ones without any problems. So long as you don't expect the adapter to take the full weight of a big fish horizontally. It would be expecting a lot of the handle anyway. Always get hold of the yoke before you lift big fish out of the water. Landing nets themselves are likely to bend/break if you try to lift a big fish out horizontally.

Blog Entries

Roach tend to be weighed in a strong plastic shopping bag,everything else is usually weighed in a sling,unless I forget it for some reason,I prefer a sling as fish sit quieter in one...

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

I use the plastic bags from the local TS. Everyone I get goes in my bag and at the end of the day I fill it with all my rubbish and stick it in the bin. Perfect for the smaller species and they dont get stinky like weigh slings.

Of course if its carp then I have to use a weigh sling. I haven't weighed anything in my landing net for years. I've tried these quick change gizmos but I just dont trust them...certainly not on a landing net.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston664 View Post

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Get both and try both. You need at least 2 landing nets and Poles imo.

I have used the prologic ones in all sizes for years and they have never failed. I weigh any fish that need weighing in the landing net.

I see a lot of people use a plastic bag, don't they remove a lot of slime from the fish?

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    I see a lot of people use a plastic bag, don't they remove a lot of slime from the fish?
    No....not in my experience and certainly no more than a weigh sling or net. Depends on the bag too I'm using fairly lightweight bags , not one of these thick carriers or bag for life jobbies.

I find the carrier bag removes less slime than a proper weigh sling. Plus you don’t have to wash it afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast