back on the bank at last

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Finally managed to get out fishing last Friday on my local river - I spent 3 hours blanking on maggot and liquidised bread.

Still it was nice to be out on the bank again and sitting quietly I was able to watch a large hare not 20 feet from me, Ron could have had him in the pot with is air rifle and kingfisher that had more success than me, though I did get a couple of slight knocks on the quiver tip.

Once thee weather picks up again I'll be back there, the area hold some dace and roach but I think there might be some chub lurking under a tree overhanging the river.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
That sounds like my kind of fishing M'lud /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Had a similar experience a week ago but mine was another mink! A committee member mentioned plugging the buggers with whatever came to hand.

Might have another go at blanking again this weekend, ice permitting.

slime monster

Reaction score
003_Small.JPG

Break it, i love ice fishing .

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Take your Stilton M'Lud...you might be able to attracted a nice chub.....oh but you have to put the cheese on the hook, no good you eating it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I've enjoyed a good bit of stilton over Christmas - and the odd drop of port

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
But M'Lud....it was x-mas, the season of good will......and if you didn't want to give the Stilton to the chub, you could have at least offer them a drop of the finest Port to get them drunk... tye would have been easier to catch that way/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Donald Bain

Reaction score
Lord Paul, not had a chance to wish you a prosperous New Year....Pity about you blanking though, the Rother is not up to much at the moment, but then where is?

I spent three days at Aston last week catching roach galore but nothing more than a few ounces, where have all the biggies gone?

Don