Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally managed to get out fishing last Friday on my local river - I spent 3 hours blanking on maggot and liquidised bread.

Still it was nice to be out on the bank again and sitting quietly I was able to watch a large hare not 20 feet from me, Ron could have had him in the pot with is air rifle and kingfisher that had more success than me, though I did get a couple of slight knocks on the quiver tip.

Once thee weather picks up again I'll be back there, the area hold some dace and roach but I think there might be some chub lurking under a tree overhanging the river.

Blog Entries

A quality blank by the sound of it.
    Fancy a pint?

That sounds like my kind of fishing M'lud [img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Had a similar experience a week ago but mine was another mink! A committee member mentioned plugging the buggers with whatever came to hand.

Might have another go at blanking again this weekend, ice permitting.
    The most important bit of kit never to forget - a disgorger.

Blog Entries

Break it, i love ice fishing .
    Fancy a pint?

I must take my binoculars next time

Take your Stilton M'Lud...you might be able to attracted a nice chub.....oh but you have to put the cheese on the hook, no good you eating it [img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

I've enjoyed a good bit of stilton over Christmas - and the odd drop of port

It goes through me giving good cheese to the fish

But M'Lud....it was x-mas, the season of good will......and if you didn't want to give the Stilton to the chub, you could have at least offer them a drop of the finest Port to get them drunk... tye would have been easier to catch that way[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

Hows your fishin claudia?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast