Korum Hooks problems

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Hi Folks .

Well went to my local pool today .

Along with some new hooks i purchased hooks to hair rigs on 4" size 12 hooks to 10lb line .

Pack of hooks every single one straightened out and we are talking fish of 7 to 10lbs so not very impressed with them .

The only reason i buy ready made is i cant tie quick stop hairs i have tried but failed every dang time .

PG ..

mikench

Reaction score
One or two may be plausible if not acceptable but nearly an entire packet is indicative of something wrong. Take them back to the shop and buy some Guru QM1 hooks in the same size.

John Keane

Reaction score
Korum are made by Preston Innovations and I use Preston hooks to nylon without problems.

Try tying a Kwik Stop onto nylon with a three-turn Uni/Grinner Knot, and pull it up tight, (rather than using a loop) and then tie the hair rig onto the hook with the usual Knotless Knot. If you can’t visualise what I’m saying then have a look on YouTube for vids of hair rigging. Guru 4” hooks to nylon aren’t bad nor are the Preston ones that go in their new Mag-Store boxes.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
One or two may be plausible if not acceptable but nearly an entire packet is indicative of something wrong. Take them back to the shop and buy some Guru QM1 hooks in the same size.

Yes well that is what i thought 1 maybe 2 but all of them Nahh yes i think i will be going the Guru route ai do like Guru hooks the teflon coated ones have always worked well for me . but this is a first foray into method and feeder fishing for me i have up to now always been float based . with these pools i now fish the wind makes floats a bit Hummmmmm i am trying method and feeder with it has to be said a good measure of success had some very nice carp mirrors commons nice Crus as well including fan tail crucians and ruddy HUGE goldfish .

PG ...

rayner

Reaction score
If you are really finding it too difficult to tie a quick stop to an hair then use a band for hard baits, put the band on the bait and hook the band. Soft baits hook the bait.
Which model were the hooks that straightened. Korum hooks are normally good.

Keith M

Reaction score
Have you tried the Korum Quickstop hooks that already have a hair and Quickstop attached?

The hair is made of a strong red cotton like thread and you just attach the hooks to your choice of hooklength..

I have used them in sizes 8 down to size 12 quite a lot and have caught lots of Barbel on them without any problems whatsoever.

Keith

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Just saying.............The only time I have experienced hook straightening is on foul hookers. Is it a heavy stocked carp water.
It will be interesting if you change hook pattern and get the same result.......just saying.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Just saying.............The only time I have experienced hook straightening is on foul hookers. Is it a heavy stocked carp water.
It will be interesting if you change hook pattern and get the same result.......just saying.

They are not Heavily stocked there are some nice fish but no monsters I had been using some self tied hair rigs but ran out could not be bothered at the time to tie more so purchased these Korum rigs the fish that pulled them straight were not big fish by any stretch of the imagination at the absolute most maybe 10lbs so they should be capable of handling the fish in there well in all 3 lakes i hope to get there tomorrow with a bit of luck i have tied some myself again (not my favorite task )using Guru hooks see how they do but they are what i was using before these Korum things .i expect no problems soon as i have tried i will report back ..

PG ...