Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Upsetting threads

I was upset to see a thread on a popular pike fishing forum targeting John Bailey. Honestly, we as fishermen are part of the same community, we should be getting behind each other and those new to the sport.
    There is a responsibility to the next generation of anglers not to set a president for this kind of behaviour.

Default Re: Upsetting threads

I think you meant precedent.

Yes, please excuse my spelling, I’m quite dyslexic

It seems the way of the world now, so many keyboard warriors. Who’s only aim is to upset or negate someone else’s successes.

Sometimes I think the old forum rule of “please don’t feed the troll” is the best way.

I’m assuming this is the thread currently ongoing on the Pikers Pit forum which I was reading a few days ago.

If you’re upset why not state your case and defend Mr.Bailey on that forum?

I don’t know him, don’t read his articles in the angling press or anywhere else but in the current online culture I am not surprised at the negativity towards his claims if the quotes have accuracy, i.e. 9lb chub, 7lb perch and 20lb tench to name a few.

Whilst John continues to get stuff published and advises tv angling shows I don’t suppose he gives a hoot.

Agreed, if half a much effort was spent on positive reinforcement , rather than negative point scoring, I think the angling community as a whole would really benefit and would be more attractive to those starting the sport. I’ve seen those new to the sport absolutely blasted for mistakes we have all been guilty of and it’s very sad.

Blog Entries

As I guess many on here are like me, don't have clue what you are going on about? So what was said and why was said and in what contexts was it used in, would be of some use to readers of Fishingmagic!

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    As I guess many on here are like me, don't have clue what you are going on about? So what was said and why was said and in what contexts was it used in, would be of some use to readers of Fishingmagic!
    It’s a thread as I said on the Pikers Pit forum titled BS Bailey. In many ways it’s not unlike our current stupefying gay carp threads running at the moment, which incidentally would do more harm as an advert for angling than anything that’s been written about JB.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    I’m assuming this is the thread currently ongoing on the Pikers Pit forum which I was reading a few days ago.

If you’re upset why not state your case and defend Mr.Bailey on that forum?
    They're a pretty savage lot on that forum - I once voiced an opinion on a thread about (of all things) the banning of certain provocative tattoos in the US Armed Forces. I haven't bothered posting on there since...

I know exactly what you mean...... what’s needed is respect and understanding between members of the same community... it can only strengthen it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast