Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Brolly dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Adams View Post
    I think the actual business term is called shafting.
    And I thought with some of the terminology, they were - Ribbing us

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Adams View Post
    I've had it since about 1993 and to be fair it's lasted very well indeed but does have a hole and a slow leak.
    Isn't there some patching stuff available, I'd put money on your brolly lasting another 26 years before a brolly bought these days lasting till 2045.

I have a 45" brolly that I bought around that time as well, no leaks though - I think it was a WB Clarke own brand. I upgraded to an oval brolly a couple of years ago so that I can keep all my stuff dry as well; I'm now looking for an extension for it

Brollies are not just for rain, they're good at keeping the wind off as well

Blog Entries

I just use what I find in the lower Trent when the tide goes out

Interestingly , with the PI Brolly at least, they give you a piece of the brolly material to patch it up. I haven't decided if this is just a nice gesture or an indication that the company are not overconfident in the longevity of their product.

If you are getting wet then it is too small.

Tip for Coarse Anglers from an old Game Fisher (still just about game, anyway) for pinhole leaks rather than tears just get Aquasure, the stuff for repairing leaks in waders. Put a small blob on the hole and let it dry. For tears, get some suitable nylon for a patch and stick it on with Aquasure.

After use put the Aquasure in the freezer and defrost and refreeze when needed, as often as you like. It will last for years.

I've really never understood brolly dimensions but I once read somewhere a 45" brolly will keep you dry and a 50" will keep you and most of kit dry too. I've never sat under a 60" brolly and guessing it could keep a 2 people dry. Probably be a cosy fit mind and starting to think who I'd invite, certainly wouldn't be anybody I've ever seen fishing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12