Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will power.

Blog Entries

Default Will power.

Will power, don't talk to me of will power.
    I convinced myself to thin out my tackle, the room I keep my tackle in is close to empty. Not satisfied the room was repainted. Looked nice, especially with the addition of a new rod. Yep my will power collapsed.
    I read a post a few days ago regarding Angling Direct buying Eric's angling, after checking out their site I spotted a parabolic waggler rod for a very reasonable price, it showed it was the only one they had. Me being me I couldn't resist and bought the chuff.
    Do I need a new rod I thought not, I have however got one.
    My wife rolled her eyes but knows I would take about has much notice has she does when I roll my eyes at her new bags, shoes, jewellery and makeup

Default Re: Will power.

Rayner. I applaud you. You possess the strongest and most agreeable will power availible. That being the power not to resist. Fill your boots. Pete
    Casternets

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bracket View Post
    Rayner. I applaud you. You possess the strongest and most agreeable will power availible. That being the power not to resist. Fill your boots. Pete
    That's certainly an alterative way of looking at it. I'll take it though, not often I get applause.
    Thanks.

You missed something:
    Quote Originally Posted by bracket View Post
    Fill your NEW boots. Pete

My will power wavers when I see a rod I’d like.

There are 3 voices in your head. As well as the standard angel and devil on your shoulders there's a negotiator who says something like 'well i know you shouldn't really do the bad thing but look at it like this. You used to buy a rod every month and you haven't bought one for 3 months so in a way you can divide the cost by 3, just saying'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Another Dave View Post
    There are 3 voices in your head. As well as the standard angel and devil on your shoulders there's a negotiator who says something like 'well i know you shouldn't really do the bad thing but look at it like this. You used to buy a rod every month and you haven't bought one for 3 months so in a way you can divide the cost by 3, just saying'.
    Mrs O - "hey, I've just saved us £1,000."
    Me - "that's great love, what you do, switch electricity supplier or something?"
    Mrs O - "no, I've just booked a holiday for £2,000......should have been £3,000!"
    Me - "erm, so you've just spent two grand we haven't got?"
    Mrs O - "durr, no stupid, I've just saved us £1,000....."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d.owens View Post
    Mrs O - "hey, I've just saved us £1,000."
    Me - "that's great love, what you do, switch electricity supplier or something?"
    Mrs O - "no, I've just booked a holiday for £2,000......should have been £3,000!"
    Me - "erm, so you've just spent two grand we haven't got?"
    Mrs O - "durr, no stupid, I've just saved us £1,000....."
    Not had an issue like that to deal with, I've never gone in for holidays, I've always saved my cash for our retirement. A real shame I'm clapped out.

It was Oscar Wilde who said" I can resist everything but temptation" . Life is too short to put things off or save for retirement at the expense of enjoying the present. I appreciate that isn't always possible or achievable but having money or a good pension but not the good health to enjoy either is pointless.

There comes a point when you've done your bit for kids, worked your socks off and deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labour. And remember it's never ever too late.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    It was Oscar Wilde who said" I can resist everything but temptation" . Life is too short to put things off or save for retirement at the expense of enjoying the present. I appreciate that isn't always possible or achievable but having money or a good pension but not the good health to enjoy either is pointless.

There comes a point when you've done your bit for kids, worked your socks off and deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labour. And remember it's never ever too late.
    You're dead right Mike, regarding life being too short to save at the expense of the present.
    I still put money away even now, it's a sort of addiction now. I can't say I consider myself wealthy but I have more than I really need.
    I should have shown a little less caution with my cash. I have friends who haven't got a bean but they are at least fit. OK my health issues are hereditary, to spend a few quid when I could enjoy it may have been a wise choice.
    You can't put a price on health.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast