Old Bob church fly rod

fido69r

Reaction score
Hello all...I uncovered a Bob Church pitsford 2000 fly rod which my step dad left behind after he passed...looks like it has never been used. The thing is, I cannot find record of such a rod on the net anywhere, and was wondering if any of the seasoned members would have come across one in the past. I'm more into sea fishing, so wouldn't have a clue as to whether they were any good, or indeed worth anything...any input welcome...thank you.

John Keane

Reaction score
Hello all...I uncovered a Bob Church pitsford 2000 fly rod which my step dad left behind after he passed...looks like it has never been used. The thing is, I cannot find record of such a rod on the net anywhere, and was wondering if any of the seasoned members would have come across one in the past. I'm more into sea fishing, so wouldn't have a clue as to whether they were any good, or indeed worth anything...any input welcome...thank you.

If memory serves it’s probably quite a powerful lure rod as Bob Church was primarily, but not solely, a lure fisherman.

bullet

Reaction score
Agree with john above, I have a Bob church X weave and it's a heavy, powerful stick.
Unless it is collectable, I doubt it will be worth much.
Trouble is, by today's standards, most old fly rods are heavy and often poor actioned, you can get something modern for very little that will be a lot better.
But who knows? It might have a few fans somewhere!

fido69r

Reaction score
Thanks guys...that's something I guess...Just thought it odd, that I can't find any mention of it anywhere...thought maybe it might be rare.