Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Colin North, the one and only Guest

What, not one swear word!!![img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]. Very interesting.

I'm not Gordon 'F**k this, F**k that' Ramsey, Colin!

Nice one Dave. Taken carp of the top with caurse tackle. Hooked into some big carp on fly gear when trout fishing but always ended up with snapping off due to light leaders used.

You've really got to use tough stuff with them. Even a 10 weight fly rod is not overgunned. The power is need for the playing, rather than the casting.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

That link just says SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

Dave,

Enjoyed that video tremendously. The only point I would make is that the use of a landing mat for decent size fish (of any species) is really a must nowadays, and it would have been nice to see that.

The other thing not mentioned is how effective fly fishing for carp can be. I remember turning up at a local lake a couple of years ago with all the gear for an overnight session and getting promptly stuffed by a couple of guys flyfishing a few swims down from me. They had half a dozen in the space a few hours whilst I blanked for 24!

Very interesting video, I just got some fly gear for x-mas, as i would like to learn fly fishing this year.

A friend of mine offered to take me fly fishing for carp, to a lake which holds carp up to 7-8lb. However, I've never tied a fly in my life. Can you buy the fly you were using?

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) Guest

Not so easily Claudia, but it's one of the easiest of all flies to tie. You spin deer hair around the hook and then clip it to the right size and shape.

This summer I want to do a fly tying, fly fishing day somewhere, when i get back from Oz.

Ron, I haven't even got the gear to tie flies[img]/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif[/img]

Yeah but you'll be doing it 'uuuuuuupppp north'....no good for us soft 'southerners' here [img]/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast