Roach fishing video

seth49

Reaction score
YouTube
A good friend of mine phil, with his latest video from linear fisheries Oxford,
He’s very keen travels all over the country to fish, give him a like if you do, he’d appreciate it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A stunning roach but doubt I’ll ever be fishing for them carp style.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
An interesting approach to roach fishing but an awful lot of effort for a 12oz'er..A few miles further south and he could have caught those all day on the Thames?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe he should have stuck to playing with the Pogues.

Aknib

Reaction score
I can't see the clip and it doesn't paste if I quote the post and paste the URL but I think I get the gist of things from the replies.

If I'm right a friend and myself experienced similar things a few years ago on a large, exposed gravel pit when we were flinging 3oz method feeders over the horizon with pike deadbait rods and 12lb mainline for big bream using big baits and the number of real quality roach that we caught was quite surprising.

Certainly not the way I'd like to fish for them but as bye-catch it certainly made me think how a more refined and balanced approach could nail some good fish whilst still making it enjoyable.

I remember feeling quite embarrassed both by the crudeness of the method that was catching them and of how often and how hard I'd tried in the past via more 'conventional' methods without much degree of success.

seth49

Reaction score
At last a positive comment, that is exactly what he was doing, it’s a carp lake primarily, and that’s how the roach have become accustomed to being fed.
He simply modified the method and it worked, as shown by the large number of roach he caught, including the two over two pound that he caught.

There was no need to insult a friend of mine, me I don’t mind but not my friends, I’m considering leaving here now because of this.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nobody has insulted your friend Seth, most have said his style of fishing isn’t for them. I made a light hearted joke, you must admit there is a similarity. I urge you to reconsider, we wouldn’t want you to go over a misunderstanding.