Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  60
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default How local is local

How local is your local fishing to where you live?
    My nearest fishing on the waters I fish is around 25 miles away and taking into account the roads I have to use to get there can be up to an hour on a normal day.
    When you pop out for a couple of hours fishing how far are you prepared to travel.

Default Re: How local is local

My closest is less than 10 minutes drive!

That being said though I've been going less recently, the owner is miserable.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I live two minutes walk from my local cut, but the actual good fishing spots I've found are then a 20 minute walk onwards from where I get onto the canal. I'll quite happily drive an hour and a half to Cudmore Fisheries on occasion for a bit of stocked lake fishing however

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

My club waters are 12 miles so about 25 minutes drive. I’ve a canal and it’s back water about 10 minutes drive which is not bad fishing either tbh.

My syndicate lake is just over two miles away. The nearest bit of river is about four miles. There are closer stillwaters and river stretches that I don't tend to frequent. The furthest I tend to travel to fish is about twenty miles. However, if I'm intending to fish for short periods, I'll stay as close as possible.

Blog Entries

My house is directly across the road from the Durrington stretch of the Hampshire Avon although it is a private stretch I do have occasional permission to fish it.
    Durrington was the home of Frank Sawyer, the river keeper and designer of flies like the PTN

Otherwise a three minutes drive takes me here for fish:

Avon Springs Fishing Lakes

I tend to fish the river section far more than the lakes though.

For coarse fishing then a few miles down the valley to Salisbury is all it takes to get to some decent roach, dace and chub venues.

These days I don't have to travel too far to fish but still enjoy the odd trip to the Royalty fishery when possible.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

A few minutes stroll across the fields for river, stream and backwater fishing. A five minute drive to other river/backwater options if I fancy a change.
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Blog Entries

I don't normally go out for a couple of hours but if I do it's a small pool around 500M away as the crow flies, a social club pool.

There is no fishing very close by but all within 35 minutes (in different directions) I have the Thames, Kennet, Loddon, Whitewater, Blackwater, Yateley Pits, Newbury Pits, the Frensham Ponds, Basingstoke Canal and K&A Canal. Currently a member of six clubs and a syndicate, spoilt for choice though I plan to drop 2 clubs ànd the syndicate next year.

I think I might win this one! River Dordogne (France) is at the bottom of the garden and with the recent rain, is making a decent job of covering it, so it’s only about 20 metres from the house to the water, needs about another 10 metre on the depth before we are in any flood danger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast