Rotterdam fishing

tommos16

Reaction score
Evening all. Just found out I'm going to be in Rotterdam for the next month working at the port. Of course my thoughts immediately turned to the fishing...

So I was looking for some advice about the rules and potentially some spots, just in case any body on here has turned their hand to it over there.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

chrissh

Reaction score
If Rotterdam port is like any other port, you will not be able to fish in the port aria, I have seen anglers on the stone breakwaters when I have come into the port by sea

I have fished in Holland but more in land

The Canals in Holland have some good size roach, bream, carp and pike

I do not know if you will need a licence for sea fishing, you will need one for the canals (see the link)

There most probably be some charter boat to hire for a day’s fishing

Fishing license (VISpas) order online

tommos16

Reaction score
Crissh, thankyou. I'll take a look at the link and try and get myself legal. As far as sea fishing at the port, I'll be living on board a ship for a month so I'll roll the dice on fishing from inside the port. I think, judging on the security I've seen, there'll be no Dutch bailiffs to catch me. Just need a fresh source of worms now...

john step

Reaction score
I have fished at Delft which is not too far from Rotterdam. There is a large public fishing lake and surrounding canals .
There is a tackle shop near the lake which is called Delft Hout. From memory you buy a licence from a post office or tackle shop to fish all of the public waters.
If you Google Delft Hout you get the campsite comes up. The lake is behind the campsite. There are car parks around the lakes.

I have seen anglers on canals which can be seen on routes leading away from the port. I think you will be able to find somewhere close if transport is a problem. If you can take a folding bike with you the world is your oyster there to find a spot to do a bit of lure fishing.

tommos16

Reaction score
I have fished at Delft which is not too far from Rotterdam. There is a large public fishing lake and surrounding canals .
There is a tackle shop near the lake which is called Delft Hout. From memory you buy a licence from a post office or tackle shop to fish all of the public waters.
If you Google Delft Hout you get the campsite comes up. The lake is behind the campsite. There are car parks around the lakes.

I have seen anglers on canals which can be seen on routes leading away from the port. I think you will be able to find somewhere close if transport is a problem. If you can take a folding bike with you the world is your oyster there to find a spot to do a bit of lure fishing.
Ah cheers John. I'm stuck pretty much on the port for the vast majority of my time there, I'm project managing a vessel dry dock, but I'll have my days away still. Its Holland, I'll defo be able to rent a bike. Thank you