Snugpack Sj9 jacket

benny samways

Reaction score
Does anybody know if these jackets come in different styles?

Ive just received one and it is different to the pictures online. Mine doesnt have stitching across the front or the thumbholes in the sleeve.

Im not that bothered but it seems a bit weird and I want to make sure its not fake. I'll phone the retailer tomorrow but wondered if any of you guys have experience with Snugpack clothing.

ATB

sam vimes

Reaction score
In my experience, quite a lot of retailers use the wrong descriptions, names, or photos for Snugpak products. Snugpak also have a propensity to reuse names on different products, or use ever so slightly different names on subtly different products. They certainly don't make it easy for retailer or consumer in this regard.

Unless it's an MoD surplus item, a Snugpak product will usually have a full label that bears the brand and full product name. I have a "Snugpak" "Elite Proximity Jacket" to hand. It has everything I put in speech marks on the label. However, I've seen it called a Snugpak Elite Jacket and Snugpak Proximity Jacket on different sales websites.

I'd suggest that the chances of it being a fake are lower than the chances of it being badly described by the retailer. Check for a label along the lines of the one shown below.
DSC_0144.jpg

sam vimes

Reaction score
Just dug up a three year old video of an Sj9 jacket with no (current model) V lines across the front or thumb loops on the sleeve. It's distinctly possible that you've got an Sj9, just the old model. Current Sj9.