Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Latest news from AT

The website has been updated, including being able to join AT online, but the site is obviously still under construction.

Looking good so far though.

It is looking good Graham, and that is in no small part down to excellent angling sites like Fishing Magic, the recent debates on here relating tothe new Angling Trust, have helped anglers to come to an informed opinion, helped them to make an informed decision to join or opt out.

If anglers are prepared to invest just £20 for individual membership, I am of the firm opinion, they will more than get their money's worth, indeed , all things considered it is an absolute bargain!

They've got my 100% backing. If, after a reasonable period, they look like they've got it wrong, or something wrong, I'll be the first in the queue to take them to task.

Until then I'll do everything I possibly can to help them succeed.

I believe that any and all personal misgivings about certain aspects of the Trust should take second place to giving them our trust and our backing at this important and delicate time in what I hope will be an historic turn of eventsfor angling.

Baz (Angel of the North) Guest

I've been undecided as to what to do with the AT. But I'll go along with that Graham.

Blog Entries

They had my money within a day of receiving the app form.

Blog Entries

Whilst I have wished both Mike H and Mark L the best of luck, I will be waiting to see some results before joining.

In the interim I have joined the S&TA, as I seem to spend an equal amount of my limited fishing time split between the Game and Coarse disciplines.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

I'm sure they'll appreciate your good wishes Peter, but not anywhere near as much as they would appreciate your £20[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

I've joined, too. Their greatest challenge in the first couple of years is likely to be building membership. Campaigning can take time to deliver results, so those who wait for them might have to wait some time. Better IMO to see joining as an act of (good) faith. They'll need a mass membership before they can really start motoring, and I don't mind supporting them without expecting too much in the early years.

Anyone know membership figures for the Ramblers Association, National Trust, RSPB etc.? The Countryside Alliance have around 100,000 members, BASC (for shooters) claimed 130k last week. I wonder how long ot took each of these to build their not inconsiderable membership bases?

Blog Entries

Dave,

As a member of the CA; I think the current membership is just over 107,000, for an organisation that started in 1997.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

With the 'clear and present danger' of a hunting ban, and the infrastructure and membership of the British Field Sports Society.

I wouldn't wish it on any organisation, but having the sport you love taken from you isn't half a motivation to join.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast