Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: New record Barbel announced

Here's a thought - Given the significance of this fish, If the captor had gone all secret regarding the location, with no background just the name of the county, would we have another Gaymire scenario?

Blog Entries

Possibly Rob,I dont entirely trust the gen,lets be fair it could be anywere within reason,unless you know where that background is.

If i caught a fish of record size i wouldnt claim it and couldnt care less if someone else did not believe me,i know i caught my 18,two others unfortunately were there when i netted it and witnessed it,thing is it would have meant as much to me if it was an ounce smaller,i will not lie to myself over the weight of a fish,let alone to others,unlike some very well known anglers...

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Possibly Rob,I dont entirely trust the gen,lets be fair it could be anywere within reason,unless you know where that background is.

If i caught a fish of record size i wouldnt claim it and couldnt care less if someone else did not believe me,i know i caught my 18,two others unfortunately were there when i netted it and witnessed it,thing is it would have meant as much to me if it was an ounce smaller,i will not lie to myself over the weight of a fish,let alone to others,unlike some very well known anglers...
    That leads to the question is it right to question the authenticity of the guy without any knowledge of him or the fish?

Blog Entries

I wasn't questioning his authenticity,or the fish,where it may have been caught could be in question,i.e. a Sussex river,to me it matters not a jot,but there have been anglers who regularly told porkies,my comments were in the context of i dont care if people i dont know think im lying about weights,because i know im morally sound and reliable,my conscience is lily white...

Blog Entries

Tbh I thought it was the Tidal Trent some one and a half miles below Cromwell weir. Almost an identical background locally.
    Glad it's not tho, plenty of time for the BB record to end up coming from the river !

Blog Entries

How do you know its not Mick,people fib,in fact some cant stop lying,in my area there is a specimen angler who photo shops all the background out of all his trophy snaps,it must give him a lot of pleasure,tho not me,i just dont think its worth all the effort...

That's not a church spire in the background, it's a disguised power station cooling tower.....������
    Last edited by Kevin Perkins; 06-12-2019 at 13:26.
    Still not sure what's going on

Blog Entries

How do you know its not Mick,people fib,in fact some cant stop lying,in my area there is a specimen angler who photo shops all the background out of all his trophy snaps,it must give him a lot of pleasure,tho not me,i just dont think its worth all the effort...
    I'm still not entirely convinced Alan, the church spire in the pic seems to have a cruik spire but the one I'm thinking it may be I can't remember it's type.
    I'll pop thro the village next time I'm down that way and check it out !

There have been plenty of reports over the years of fish being caught where they weren’t.
    Sometimes not just different fisheries, different counties, lakes instead of rivers, rivers instead of lakes, anything to put others off.
    I have done it on a smaller scale never really telling friends exactly where some of my best fish came from.

Blog Entries

Look,when i caught mine,i said it was from the Ouse,big fish were and still come from there,but i had too many friends fishing what is a short stretch of small river and wasnt prepared to lose those,or put more pressure on what was a relatively small number of barbel,at times towards the end ive had to turn the car around because there were so many there,nowadays there is nobody there,along with hardly any fish to boot...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast