no-one in particular

Reaction score
There are already to many sections with little or no interest adding to them would not cure the problem of lack of interest in them. Looking at other fishing forums they all have the same problem, no interest, no updates so people stop looking. How can you change it I don't think there is a cure it's an age thing and none of us are getting any younger and forums like this one will one day come to an end.
What is the age of the regular posters, I would say 60's and older we see things differently to the new breed of anglers and they don't read forums like this one.

Is it lack of younger anglers these days or just not interested in an old gits forum? Actually ignore this, I just reread your post and you have already answered that.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Just an observation but how many of us hang out with teenagers and twenty somethings , other than our own kids, for their wit and répartie? We have little in common with them. It isn't surprising then that the forum isn't their cup of tea.

Lots of people join to ask a question, try and sell something or to further their own ends and are rarely of interest and are not of long duration. Scuba Chris and others seek subscribers to their YouTube channel and have financial affiliations with Tackle companies like Okuma to name just one.

I should like to make it clear that long standing members like Laguna clearly have products to sell, and very good ones at that, but that isn't their prime motive imo and their first post wasn't to flog some .

We could do with some ladies as their contributions would be most welcome. One of our lady members at PAAS recently won the Ladies Fish O Mania final so very well done to her

lambert1

Reaction score
The caption contests used to yield some good humour and had a fair few entries as I remember. A good photo with plenty going on gets our creative juices going. There are still quite a few comedians on this site, given the opportunity.

chrissh

Reaction score
Just an observation but how many of us hang out with teenagers and twenty somethings , other than our own kids, for their wit and répartie? We have little in common with them. It isn't surprising then that the forum isn't their cup of tea.

We could do with some ladies

I will agree there are not many young anglers coming into the match side of fishing

There are a lot of teenagers and mid 20s into fishing but they want the 20+lbs carp & 60+ lbd cats , there not interested in catching a 1lb roach or a 6lb tench. Which seems to be the way fishing has gone now.

I have 15 to20 tackle shops within 10 miles of home all of them sell 60% carp tackle 30% river and 10% fly and spin.

Ladies fishing

My daughter has been fishing since she was 8 years old she now 31 and still love to go but only to a commercial with toilets on them, she is put of going because of the lack toilets at fisheries (it easy for us we can pee up a tree)