Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: New posts and suitable subjects

Personally, I think there are too many as it is, some hardly get used or looked at. To divide it into multi choices would just get too confusing. I try to make sure my titles indicate what the thread is about so people can determine whether it's something that interests them or not and post under the appropriate heading. I know if I look under coarse fishing say, I might be interested any of the subjects, float. lake river whatever, I don't really want to have to go searching under multi headings. Just my opinion mind you. Whatever pleases the majority...

Did you enjoy the Bracket interview ? I did
    But only Neil took up the challenge

I would love to see someone interview Pete Crabtree Sam Vines Peter Jacobs Tigger The bad one MarkG

If I knew more about fishing I might give it a go

I would add that I'm happy with the format of the forum as it is and have no desire to change it. I put out the suggestion like groundbait and as we all know sometimes it produces nothing and then something special. Like many a forum more posters and regular posts are desirable.

Blog Entries

Post removed.
    Last edited by whitty; 19-12-2019 at 15:21.

Isn't this a lot like "what do you want from a fishing magazine?"

a lot of the articles I see when I (infrquently) buy a magazine are about giving you a recipe or pattern to follow (technique & bait) rather than teaching you how to work it out for yourself? ie. they ansswer "how?" rather than "why?"

Post basic techniques - all of my interest is in the why side and also the story telling - whether that is humorous or not I love a good story with human interest. The ups and downs of fishing - not just the endless success.

The other great thing about the level of debate on here on a few things (*eg. hook tying recently) is that it provokes thought - not just slavish following of fashion.

Another point is that there is never a single right answer to a problem in fishing. So being able to contribute from different perspectives is added value. I'm one of the few match anglers who post on here, but I learn from speci hunters and pleasure anglers alike. One of my favourite fishing books of all time was Carp Fever - because Kevin M wrote so enthusiastically about a completely different approach.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

This time of year I am always reminded of Deanos mince pie joke. Incredibly funny guy....I usually ended up crying with laughter reading about his Auntie Kathleen and his guided gudgeon trips. Brilliant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    This time of year I am always reminded of Deanos mince pie joke. Incredibly funny guy....I usually ended up crying with laughter reading about his Auntie Kathleen and his guided gudgeon trips. Brilliant.
    I agree, it’s a shame he’s not still spreading his wit on FM he was a very humorous guy and always put a smile on our faces.

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Quote Originally Posted by bennygesserit View Post
    Did you enjoy the Bracket interview ? I did
    But only Neil took up the challenge

I would love to see someone interview Pete Crabtree Sam Vines Peter Jacobs Tigger The bad one MarkG

If I knew more about fishing I might give it a go
    Thanks for the compliment Benny, but I am just a jack of all trades, master of none when it comes to fishing. I have dabbled in most of it some time or other but have acquired no specific knowledge and I have told most of it already on here anyway so, it would be repeating a lot of what people already know. Whereas the likes of Bracket and Neil have lots of experience especially in match fishing or chub fishing, met interesting anglers and so on. However, I really enjoyed your interview style posts and it was a shame more did not take it up but maybe they were a bit like me and thought the style wouldn’t suit their story or would not have enough to say. But the other ones you mentioned would be interesting interviews and I am sure there are plenty more on here who would make a good interview.
    Last edited by markg; 20-12-2019 at 03:13.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

We have a section on tackle reviews, Like John Keane said about having a separate sea fishing section. There have been 17 reviews by scuba chris in past few months, but not one reply, whereas reviews suitable for uk tackle etc get replies. I think the last review I posted was about a PI Inception seatbox,

There are already to many sections with little or no interest adding to them would not cure the problem of lack of interest in them. Looking at other fishing forums they all have the same problem, no interest, no updates so people stop looking. How can you change it I don't think there is a cure it's an age thing and none of us are getting any younger and forums like this one will one day come to an end.
    What is the age of the regular posters, I would say 60's and older we see things differently to the new breed of anglers and they don't read forums like this one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast