Basic pole rig for small fish skimmers/silvers?

Gaston664

Reaction score
Looking for a very basic rig for a small pole to catch small fish.

Want to take my young nieces fishing for the first time and don't want to complicate it using all the kit I would normally take.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
As tangles are going to be par for the course a little waggler, 3BB locking(?), (no looping on itself that you get with normal pole floats) with just a single shot (no.4) down the line, maybe a foot from the hook, assuming the water is fairly shallow (up to 4ft), It's not sophisticated but easy to retackle if it does end in a bird's nest. Fish 3 metres to hand. Many years ago my wife had a dabble at fishing and this rig worked as tangle free and effective enough.

Gaston664

Reaction score
As tangles are going to be par for the course a little waggler, 3BB locking(?), (no looping on itself that you get with normal pole floats) with just a single shot (no.4) down the line, maybe a foot from the hook, assuming the water is fairly shallow (up to 4ft), It's not sophisticated but easy to retackle if it does end in a bird's nest. Fish 3 metres to hand. Many years ago my wife had a dabble at fishing and this rig worked as tangle free and effective enough.
Sounds good. I will tie a few up ready to go for use in the event of a birds nest!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk