Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  136
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Global warming? Oh no not again!!!

I would still like to see an 'environmental' category here on FM, but anyway 'General Fishing' is where I think this fits best. Especially it being that someone else's view is determined to convince us all that the end is nigh, and that all life on planet earth will cease to exist.... about 11 0'clock to the hour next week or the week after or thereabouts? Greta will know.

You might have to think about this one:

"Al Gore's been frozen out of the debate lately but he still talks to plants"!

Default Re: Global warming? Oh no not again!!!

wow are you really denying all the evidence ?

Not even going to watch that bunkum, I’ve heard all the cycle theories about ice ages and all the deja vu-ists and the simple fact is that, in all those past scenarios, there weren’t billions of cows, cars, Chinese & Yanks all spewing out greenhouse gases and an area of rain forest the size of Wales disappearing every millisecond (gross exaggeration, I know but why should the naysayers have the monopoly on lying)

David Attenborough is one of my heroes and I nominate this thread for the FM Christmas Turkey!

I despair about the yanks and their isolationist and simplistic view of the world. Many don't believe in the theory of evolution even just the book of genesis. Throw into the mix an idiot of a President and 50% of the US population don't believe what is staring them in the face. They are an odd lot and some are as evangelical and extreme as the worst of the Taliban .

Santa has been here so I must be crackers as well. Merry Christmas.

I try to keep positive about global warming.....after all, it could be getting colder.
    Merry Christmas to all

I'll leave this one till after Christmas, just going to just burn the turkey and Christmas pudding and add some flatulence to global warming.

Merry Christmas

7. Default Re: Global warming? Oh no not again!!!

97% percent of climate scientists agree that the Earth's climate is warming due to man. I can believe them or some random fella that put a video up on youtube.

I am also very sceptical about the global warming threat. To be of the viewpoint "everyone and loads of scientists say it's true so it must be" is an easy excuse to avoid doing your own research.
    I have a few burning questions which fuel my scepticism...
    Why do we only hear one side of the argument in media?
    Why is the history of climate fluctuating ALL the time not mentioned?
    Why are we made to feel like the culprits of something way out of our control?
    Why is Co2 the main concern when it is a natural element of life and one volcano eruption creates way more Co2 than humans have ever created?
    IMO it's all about causing fear, hysteria and guilt which makes us easier to tax and control. And the cherry on the top is an autistic 15 year old lecturing us whilst she flies around the world causing real pollution.
    I'm not denying climate change because of course the climate changes. What I think should be our main priority is clearing all the **** in our oceans. That is a real threat to wildlife.

Merry Christmas by the way!

I tend to want answers to the above like you do.

However in my own experience the weather at times of the year has definitely changed. Those that remember the "great storm" of 87 will recall that there was surprise that the leaves were still on the trees in October which exacerbated the damage to them.
    That is now the norm going into November.
    The water lilies on my fishery have not died down fully yet.
    You can catch carp any time of the year. That was unheard of.

Is that a cycle or climate change. There are those on both sides with vested interest.

If climate change, the root cause will be to many humans. That ain't going to change is it. Unless of course our plastic and pollution causes a drop in fertility and we go into decline. That or a big bomb.

The planet will go on and recover. The universe doesn't care if we exist or not. What I do know is that no one really knows the future and what twists and turns things will take.

Happy Christmas.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast