Fish are fish and bite soft plastics on light jigs no matter the species

sylvanillo

Reaction score
Interesting pictures and congrats for the "lure cooking" results :)

And that's soft lure to soft lure only. You can.also mix with rattles of different.types, skirts (so effective!), scent caps, lead inserts,.reflective eyes. Absolutely cheap, unique, effective.

In terms of jigheads I have.to say I've never understood. It's restrictive, causes anglers to lose half of their boxes in the water. Articulated heads using an snap and shot, covered spinnerbait hooks, drachko rigs are other options.

sylvanillo

Reaction score
Here is some information about jig heads that you may find useful.
1. jig head bodies include feather, hair or silicone skirt materials or soft plastic.
2. jigs catch any fish species (note all the examples presented in most of my posts)
3. jigs can be tipped with live bait
4. jigs can be used under a float
5. jigs cover more water even using slow presentations (retrieves)

I understand that and I don't intend to make you post less interesting at all. The point is, over the years and since anglers started to use jigheads for soft-lures, other rigs have appeared. A weightless hook, whether simple, double or treble, can receive different kinds of adjustable weights and/or weedless addons and meet the above 5 use cases in flexible ways.

If you consider Texas hooks for instance, their different designs (offset, wide-gap etc) adjust to different lures (worm, shad, tube etc), to different rigs (wacky, offset) and different weight settings (eye-shot, jika-rig, in front, spin-shot, split-shot, free running etc). Flexible and needs a much smaller storage box. Only a few examples of these:

monter-un-hame%C3%A7on-texan-1024x656.jpg