Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Chesterfield Anglers!!

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and I need some help.

I'm a keen river angler and enjoy chasing big chub. I moved to Chesterfield around 18 months ago and, unfortunately, the fishing died off a little as I knew nothing of the local area. I was used to being a ten minute walk away from a decent stretch of river in my home town.

I want to dust off the powermesh and start roving the rivers chasing some chub. But, I really have no idea where to start around here.

Does anyone know of anywhere that I can access a decent stretch of river?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chesterfield Anglers!!

The Trent has lots of DTs lengths around Nottingham upwards and downwards and that's about what of a run from Chesterfield …..40 mins?Plenty of Rubber dubs in the Trent!

Blog Entries

PS One guy who use to post regularly on here was called Mark Brailsford Mark lives in Chesterfield and has done all his life I think. He defiantly known the rivers in that area and what they have in them. Might be worth seeking him out and contacting him. He Also has a Facebook account as well.

I do not know the area but just out of interest and see if I could help in some way I Googled fishing in Chesterfield and got a load of commercials etc so I Googled River fishing in Chesterfield and got more of a result. I know it’s not as good as first hand information but if you don’t get many replies might be worth you trying that to have a look.

The river Rother runs right through Chesterfield. The EA have thrown plenty of coarse fish at it in recent years. It might be a good idea to ask at the local tackle shop. This old post might help a little.

If push comes to shove, it's not the longest of rides out to the Trent.

Im just up the road from chesterfield and fish for chub on Chesterfield canal shireoaks or River Idle Retford
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Blog Entries

As mentioned earlier try the river Rother that runs from "Chessi" all the way down to it meeting the Don at Rotherham.
    Plenty of chub in the right places as well as other fish.
    A little further on down the M1 you have the Trent and Dove.
    North on the M1 coming off onto the M18 towards Thorne you can fish various bits of the lower river Don that has some reasonable chub fishing-- check out "River Don Angling Reports" on Facebook.

Have a look for the 'Boat Inn Angling Club', I was a member some years ago and they had a fantastic stretch of the upper Idle near Lound as I recall
    This guy was fishing over a flower bed. I went up to him and said, "How many have you caught today? "
    He said, "You're the ninth!" (T. Cooper)