Lesney bread press

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Similar to the Newark Needle float thread,
Did anyone have one of these and did they use them. ?
I had one when I was young, used it a couple of times then it got confined to a box of bits,
I have seen them on Ebay at stupid money recently.

steve2

Reaction score
Yes I have used them and still have new one unused from my late father in law tackle box. Also have and still use a drennan bread punch set that cuts heart shaped piece in various sizes.

rayner

Reaction score
Like most of us of a certain age I remember the Lesney press. I always seemed to resist buying one.
Mind you the biggest pieces of bread I would ever press would be about 3/8". Punch fishing was about as technical I would go with bread.
I didn't progress to flake until I reached around 25yrs old.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Yes I have used them and still have new one unused from my late father in law tackle box. Also have and still use a drennan bread punch set that cuts heart shaped piece in various sizes.

The drennan punches you are on about are bread flake punches, different length stems and different size punches, green plastic if they are the ones I am on about.
I have a set of 4 plastic blue drennan bread punches in a plastic wallet and instructions from years ago.
Also have the baitwaiter sets that were free over a number of weeks with anglers mail/times
The unused lesney press in a box is £60 on Ebay

flightliner

Reaction score
I was given a Lesney press as a Christmas present when I was maybe twelve or thirteen years old.
I knew straight away it was a useless piece of junk and never used it .

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
I was given a Lesney press as a Christmas present when I was maybe twelve or thirteen years old.
I knew straight away it was a useless piece of junk and never used it .

I had the same experience at the same age - twice! I did try to use them and both quickly jammed and the thumbscrews refused to turn. Both binned...

steve2

Reaction score
While talking bread punches did anyone ever buy one of those trays to keep the bread fresh.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When a telecoms engineer in my yoof I repaired telephones at Lesneys in Hackney.

Not many people know that.

stevejay

Reaction score
While talking bread punches did anyone ever buy one of those trays to keep the bread fresh.

Yes, I bought one recently. Decided against bidding for image or guru branded ones, new or used, which have a brand name premium! I bought an unbranded on on e bay. Used it a few times now and especially handy in the rain. Not sure it stops bread drying out thought - maybe in the summer it might.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Yes, I bought one recently. Decided against bidding for image or guru branded ones, new or used, which have a brand name premium! I bought an unbranded on on e bay. Used it a few times now and especially handy in the rain. Not sure it stops bread drying out thought - maybe in the summer it might.

I use a pole winder tray in a ziplock food bag.