Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Does anyone buy fishing tackle from Ebay ?

Good thing all fishing related products I buy on Ebay don't involve bidding and go for far less than from any other sources and s/h free.

Default Re: Does anyone buy fishing tackle from Ebay ?

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    I did accidentally bid on Ebay last weekend, the rod was "sold" for £1 more than I bid. When I checked the rod reappeared under the same seller at the same starting price. All bids were listed under private id protected were they real bids?
    I have a distrust of sellers and buyers whose feedback is labelled “Private” What have they got to hide, it’s an auction site FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keane View Post
    I have a distrust of sellers and buyers whose feedback is labelled “Private” What have they got to hide, it’s an auction site FFS!
    eBay hides bidders ID’s now they have done for a long time.
    Some bidders have private settings because they buy and sell on one account, equally some sellers I believe can set it to private due to the nature of what they sell or just feel it encourages bidders more.
    I’m a long long time ebayer both as a buyer and at one point a business seller I’ve ceased to worry. One of my biggest bugbears is sellers that come through as U.K. on the search, then the stuff comes from China etc and not being able to give negative feedback to buyers who are bonkers or plain dishonest.

Case in point, selling a Daiwa SL20SH sea multiplier. Buyer with (04) feedback offers me £25, turned down, ups the offer to £27, also turned down. Doesn’t make his third and final offer but sends me a message saying “I’ll buy it for 30” Red rag to a bull so I said no, but feel free to bid £30 in the auction (knowing it would go for more) He bids and keeps trumping everyone else’s bids until he wins it then that’s the last I hear of him. eBay won’t let you leave negative feedback for buyers!

Selling a guitar & Fender amp for my son who’s moved abroad, selling it Collection Only with a starting price of £95, get a bid on the final day, buyer with (0) feedback. Never hear from the toerag again! I’ve had hell with eBay over negative buyer feedback and them charging commission on postage. If I hadn’t made 18 grand since I started in 2005, id tell them where to stick their T&Cs!
    Last edited by John Keane; 21-01-2020 at 15:09.

I buy bits of tackle on ebay. I am waiting for a spool of Drennan Supplex hooklink 10lb+ bs. ordered a day or two ago.
    My only tackle shops average about 20 miles radius. I cannot imagine doing the journey and actually finding this specific item in stock.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234