Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Does anyone buy fishing tackle from Ebay ?

I've found good prices and variety on Ebay - much of the time free shipping.
    Anyone else?

Default Re: Does anyone buy fishing tackle from Ebay ?

Quote Originally Posted by spoonminnow View Post
    I've found good prices and variety on Ebay - much of the time free shipping.
    Anyone else?
    I'm new to fishing and have a low budget so ebay is my go to place almost everything I buy for fishing is from ebay,

It gives me a bit of guilt about not supporting my local tackle shop, without them I cant get maggots, but alot of the things they sell I can find the exact on ebay cheaper,

If you know what you want and it's on Ebay at a good price, I see no reason not to buy it.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    THE NEXT BITE IS GOING TO BE THE MONSTER.

Default Does anyone buy fishing tackle from Ebay ?

Yeah I buy stuff from eBay and Amazon. Ebays particularly good for older rods and reels etc
    I prefer to buy from my local tackle shop if I can & I’ve found he can actually be cheaper than ebay once they start putting on P&P especially things like branded terminal tackle. For instance I bought some Guru hybrid feeders off him for £2.75 each couldn’t get them for less than that on eBay and I got to look at them and decide what sizes I wanted rather than just guess.
    So a bit swings and roundabouts really.

The problem where I live is that the tackle shops don't stock anything I use or take suggestions stocking. Plus the prices plus local tax are way more pricey than I can get sent to me from Ebay or Amazon.com / free shipping and guarantee returns also with free shipping. AGM in the UK looks like they have a huge assortment of lures. Are the prices decent and is the shipping free?

My local tackle shop carry’s very little for lure fishing but it’s not my main passion in the sport so not a problem. Tbh I’m not much good with lures and rarely catch when I try.
    AGM do charge for delivery unless it’s over £85

I spend too much time on EBay, I need a must not be tempted button when sales like this appear.

Daiwa Amorphous Match Winner WAGGLER 3 Piece 13' Coarse Match Rod BN FREE POST | eBay

I buy and sell lots of tackle on eBay and as long as your cr@p radar is tuned in, there’s lots of good stuff to be had at decent prices. I bought my JW Young Purist 2 centrepin for less than half retail from eBay and had some good Nikon camera lenses as well.

Having said that I’ve just sold a Daiwa sea multiplier and a guitar & amp (for my son) and I think both buyers may be time wasters.

Swings and roundabouts...

I buy and sell through EBay buying mainly lures and old out of print fishing books books. If I could find a cheap courier I would put most of my rods for up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    If I could find a cheap courier I would put most of my rods for up for sale.
    You and me too. I’ve just received a rod from Chris (Sam Vimes), he managed to get a price of £12-12 using Parcelforce 48. He did this at his post office. I can’t get much below thirty using Parcelforce online, I must go into my post office with same tube and find out how I get on.

Best I can get online is about £20 with UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    You and me too. I’ve just received a rod from Chris (Sam Vimes), he managed to get a price of £12-12 using Parcelforce 48. He did this at his post office. I can’t get much below thirty using Parcelforce online, I must go into my post office with same tube and find out how I get on.

Best I can get online is about £20 with UPS.
    Have a look at ParcelMonkey who are a facilitator and get the best quote and then you use their best price recommendation and print out your own labels. I’ve done a few with them using Parcel Force 48 for 4 piece salmon rods and better prices than you can get by going through Parcel Force direct and you drop off at your local PO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast