Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The river that’s a legal person

Quote Originally Posted by nottskev View Post
    I'd love to share your optimism, and this is nothing personal, but I've got the impression most people would vote for a couple of quid in their pockets, even at the risk of drowning, frying or being poisoned while holding on to the baubles and gewgaws they've bought with it.
    They never voted for Corbyn's free internet, that would of been money saved in the pocket lol.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    THE NEXT BITE IS GOING TO BE THE MONSTER.

Somebody needs to come up with a way that saving the planet earns money, the government will jump on it then,

But to be honest if we cleaned up our air and waters, I would not be surprised if they introduced a clean air and water tax lol

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    I'm sure it will be, but unlikely to happen anywhere over here as that river is very much Maori by the looks of the article.

Saying that though, I'm pushing for the rivers around Watford to be given chav protection status
    Why stop at the rivers Rob!
    By the time a man realizes his Father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong.

Free fishing on this river now then ? Dont have to have a licence to fish on a person :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nottskev View Post
    I'd love to share your optimism, and this is nothing personal, but I've got the impression most people would vote for a couple of quid in their pockets, even at the risk of drowning, frying or being poisoned while holding on to the baubles and gewgaws they've bought with it.
    This is true however, I think it's changing a bit. More and more people are becoming more educated about the environment and abject consumerism like its been for my shallow generation is becoming a bit of a no-no. Maybe I am too optimistic and do the people follow governments or do governments follow the people, hopefully the latter so maybe it will change in the future. Still not holding my breath though.
    Last edited by markg; 22-01-2020 at 10:14.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12