Shimano Stadic C14 1000

sam vimes

Reaction score
That's not a full model name. However, I suspect that you probably mean the Stradic Ci4+ FB (or Stradic Ci4+ FA if it was old stock). I have the Stradic Ci4+ 2500 FB and I'm pretty sure one of our resident LRF enthusiasts has one but I'm not sure what size.

Unless it's for use on a really short rod sub 9ft lure/picker rod, I'm not sure why anyone might need to go as small as the 1000 model. The 2500 model is stupidly light and isn't exactly large. I'd say it's just right for a light float rod of 13' or less.

It's also worth noting that this is one of the Shimano models that has done away with the anti-reverse switch. I bought mine to see if this lack was an insurmountable issue. It wasn't, but I'd still prefer the option. To that end, my reel is boxed up and ready to move on. All I've got to do is get round to actually selling it!:eek:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a pre Stradic model, the Rarenium 1000, it’s a joy to use on a dropshotting rod.

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
I have a pre Stradic model, the Rarenium 1000, it’s a joy to use in a dropshotting rod.

That's what I was thinking about using it for.
After chatting to predator anglers at the carp show on Saturday I may have finally been convinced that I need a proper dropshotting set up.
After all is said and done we can all do with another new rod and reel.