Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Line spray

Default Re: Line spray

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Is FM playing up as I keep getting database error messages.
    I've had the odd one over the last week or two. However, today has seen an increase in frequency. I've also been getting "you are attempting to navigate away from this page" pop ups, with "Stay on page" or "leave page" radio buttons. Something is definitely not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    So do I Mike, it is really annoying but only happens on my Smart 'phone; all is well when using the LapTop . . . . .
    I rarely use my phone or tablet for FM. My issues have only occurred on a laptop. As I'm not getting any problems elsewhere, I'm pretty sure it's not down to my laptop or browser.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Is FM playing up as I keep getting database error messages.
    I have been getting the same message since yesterday
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Blog Entries

I have put a new thread on the Admin forum so hopefully someone will adress the issue soon

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    So do I Mike, it is really annoying but only happens on my Smart 'phone; all is well when using the LapTop . . . . .

I'm getting it on the laptop since I logged back on a little while ago - I have to cut out or refresh to make in behave...............
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Kryston Greased Lightning is brilliant,line floatant,makes peel smoothly off the spool and stop icing up at this time of year

Would one of those water repellent sprays work? I have seen these used on windscreens and water just flies of them. I have a problem with line sticking to rings and rod when it rains. I imagine this would stop that or a line sprayed with one of these would float very well. There are several on the market at Amazon for about six quid.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    Would one of those water repellent sprays work? I have seen these used on windscreens and water just flies of them. I have a problem with line sticking to rings and rod when it rains. I imagine this would stop that or a line sprayed with one of these would float very well. There are several on the market at Amazon for about six quid.
    Some of the silicon sprays are made as a lubricant for plumbers . What you need is a dry silicon spray.
    I use Mr sheen furniture spray.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    Some of the silicon sprays are made as a lubricant for plumbers . What you need is a dry silicon spray.
    I use Mr sheen furniture spray.

I have yet to find a line that doesn’t float? In fact I wish there was a true sinking line for waggler or feeder fishing. Some say Maxima sinks but it doesn’t without help.
    I once tried a “sinking method line” and that floated too...
    Why one needs mucilin or other floatants is a mystery to me?

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    I have yet to find a line that doesn’t float? In fact I wish there was a true sinking line for waggler or feeder fishing. Some say Maxima sinks but it doesn’t without help.
    I once tried a “sinking method line” and that floated too...
    Why one needs mucilin or other floatants is a mystery to me?

It may be rather academic, but there's a difference between a line sitting in surface tension and being genuinely buoyant. Fluorocarbon is definitely more dense than water, it sinks. However, that doesn't mean that it will break through the surface tension of water without any assistance.

If you want to prove whether a line genuinely floats, is neutrally buoyant, or sinks, take a small section and place it into a glass of water making sure it's sub-surface. A buoyant line will rise in the water column, neutral will sit where it was placed in the water column (provided there's no currents for it to waft about in) and the a sinker will descend in the water column.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast