Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: I have developed a unique finesse lure rig called “The Thread Rig”

As there is no weight attached to the hooks and lure is free to rotate will the hooks not just come to rest hook points touching the bottom? Looks like a recipe for blunt hooks at best or a snag a cast at worst.

Default Re: I have developed a unique finesse lure rig called “The Thread Rig”

The soft plastics float , so it sits up in a defend position ... like the Ned rig
    Attached Images Attached Images I have developed a unique finesse lure rig called “The Thread Rig”-e2b5bb78-f3b7-432d-9398-726a2d4ccf2f.jpeg 

I’m playing around with extra buoyancy, the locating spike of the hook passes through the lures body and can anchor a polyball dumbbell as eyes, this makes the lure stand up straight keeping hooks clear of the floor

Here is a 1 minute tank test .

I’m

4. Default Re: I have developed a unique finesse lure rig called “The Thread Rig”

1/4 oz (7g) bullet weight is not a finesse weight and allows little lure body action except what would be expected from a Texas rigged short plastic worm. A light ball head jig with #4 or #6 hook short in length would allow body flex along with claw up & down motions using horizontal retrieves or when working the rig off the bottom. Using a bullet sinker only allows bottom fishing and inhibits lure action. The video proves it.

Try a ball head jig 1/32 or 1/16 oz with short hook and then compare lure action. There's something about the line tie eye of the hook in the up position that allows a different lure action than a line tie in line with the hook shank.
    JMO
    Last edited by spoonminnow; 07-02-2020 at 12:58.

Hi Spoonminnow, thanks for your reply. The weight used is a 3grams with a size 6 hook. I agree a ball shaped weight is a preferable shape. I mainly fish rivers and want to be able to adjust weight quickly which is one of the main points of this rig. Secondly this is really designed for bottom fishing.

In the tank test I forgot to mention I was using 30lb line (for visibility) of course this is vastly heavier and stiffer than the 6lb fluro I would actually use, so please take this into account when analysing the tank test footage
    Last edited by The occasional angler; 07-02-2020 at 22:36.

Im not knocking what you are trying to do, but this has already been made

I use this idea in Florida keys fishing for bonefish using weighted stand up hooks

http://

http://

Trust me I’m an Engineer

Thanks for sharing this, I would say it’s definitely similar, but it still uses a long shank hook which affects movement of the soft plastic in my opinion.

I used to use clauser minnows when flyfishing for bones in belize (which have a very similar look to these jigs), but hard to get onto the deck at depth.

I’ve made some adjustments here which give a nice presentation in my opinion..... below is another quick tank test update

8. Default Re: I have developed a unique finesse lure rig called “The Thread Rig”

Does it regularly outfish the ned rig or soft baits rigged on a cheb?

I will be testing head to head, I think it may have an edge on the NED on highly pressured waters

Are there any waters in Kent that suffer from high pressure from lure fishing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12