Waterway wanderers permit

nottskev

Reaction score
At such a modest price, I'd buy the permit, enforcement or not, and regardless of what other people do.

nottskev

Reaction score
I don't as it's day ticket where I live, am willing to pay if bailiffed no problem as and when

Sure. I said in a previous post that there would be no point buying it if all your local canal lengths were club/day ticket. That's the case for me - the T+M is all club water, as are the Erewash and the Beeston. I had a look at their map, and I was interested to see that the Grantham canal was included. That's a canal that, I think, is near to being fully restored after being disused and partially dewatered. I've fished a couple of lengths via club day tickets - it has some great tench fishing, and even some rudd - and I'll look into the CRT stretches. I'd happily chip in the cost of a bag of shopping from the supermarket for a year's fishing, especially given the overall good cause.

POLEMINATOR

Reaction score
If it is there to care for the canals why don't cyclists and other tow path users pay or got asked for a charity donation.
Good point, why not a right to cycle and a right to walk/jog permit, were all on the canal for leasure so only fair all pay, otherwise are we to presume its discrimination against anglers ?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

POLEMINATOR

Reaction score
Was just reading most canal paths are not right of way, they are permissive paths, public have permission to use them but dont have a right, and this permission can be removed, so they could charge if they wanted, only fair I think, tow paths have upkeep costs just like the water,

Cyclists get everything for free lol,

If I drive to fish a canal I have to pay to be on the road and pay to fish, mr cyclist can go the same route and ride past me as I'm fishing for free, that's injustice right there lol

chrissh

Reaction score
Was just reading most canal paths are not right of way, they are permissive paths, public have permission to use them but dont have a right, and this permission can be removed, so they could charge if they wanted, only fair I think, tow paths have upkeep costs just like the water,

Cyclists get everything for free lol,

If I drive to fish a canal I have to pay to be on the road and pay to fish, mr cyclist can go the same route and ride past me as I'm fishing for free, that's injustice right there lol

You can ask the same question about rivers or lakes and ponds in a park and fishery’s that allow the public access

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can’t help but have the name of Weirdoh in my head reading this thread.

steve2

Reaction score
I did once ask why they charge to fish my local country park lake and why other park users don't the answer was simply because they can. Bit like the C&RT.

POLEMINATOR

Reaction score
What's wrong with this thread out of interest ? What am I missing?