Ground bait

silvers

Reaction score
Pretty sure that Collant and pv1 are exactly the same stuff. Always carry a small bag of it for stiffening up a mix in deeper water or fast flows.
Terre de rivière has a similar effect and is heavier ... think it’s mainly clay .... as is leam. I haven’t used the latter in years as I don’t fish bloodworm at all.

Picardie I’ve came in paper bags didn’t it! Seem to remember something about garlic and gudgeon.

I don’t fish any tench venues really, so can’t give advice on that.

I’m more of the school that consistency, colour and action are more important than flavour and smell. But then again, fish meal works wonderfully well!
I use various mixes of
Sensas lake black
Sensas Gros Gardons
Sensas River
Sensas terre de riviere or terre de Hereford (molehill soil from The bank)
Pv1
Brown. Crumb
Fish meal
White crumb (to stiffen up liquidised bread)

Reaction score
Picardie,wow,i remember using that on the canal as slop,all that practice so as to be able to flick out a bit around twenty pence piece size to the far side,used to catch plenty of roach and skimmers over it,sensas black lake is an exceptional groundbait and always worth having a bag in the car....

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Pretty sure that Collant and pv1 are exactly the same stuff. Always carry a small bag of it for stiffening up a mix in deeper water or fast flows.
Terre de rivière has a similar effect and is heavier ... think it’s mainly clay .... as is leam. I haven’t used the latter in years as I don’t fish bloodworm at all.

Picardie I’ve came in paper bags didn’t it! Seem to remember something about garlic and gudgeon.

I don’t fish any tench venues really, so can’t give advice on that.

I’m more of the school that consistency, colour and action are more important than flavour and smell. But then again, fish meal works wonderfully well!
I use various mixes of
Sensas lake black
Sensas Gros Gardons
Sensas River
Sensas terre de riviere or terre de Hereford (molehill soil from The bank)
Pv1
Brown. Crumb
Fish meal
White crumb (to stiffen up liquidised bread)

You missed out Terre de B&Q
...topsoil