Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    leafy cheshire
    Posts
    12,742

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Gary think about a very light chair such as the JRC stealth or Korum Aeronium which weighs 2 kilos. Forget attachments and just buy a stable side table for your bait and bits or use a bait waiter. A lightweight shopping trolley could carry your bits and be adapted to carry your chair. Individually they would be light and easily put in and taken out of the car. Some of the side tables are useless( I have one) being flimsy with legs which splay out. Something like this.

    NGT LARGE DYNAMIC CARP BIVVY TABLE MUD FEET WITH STORAGE BAG OPTION CARP FISHING | eBay

    Camping and caravan gear is often far cheaper than stuff marketed for anglers.
    Last edited by mikench; 15-02-2020 at 11:32.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,520
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Mike, I have an aluminium table that pushes together, then pushes apart. Made by Lonsdale. It's really the best piece of kit I own. I've had it for almost 40 years. It shows signs of age but no wear at all.
    The JRC chair I have is the one you mention, the stealth, it's very light but the seat seems to have drooped, that coupled with it not being high enough I thought was too low for me to get off. Now I've said that it's occurred to me it may tighten.
    It's true it is easy to load, do you know I may be able to fit any chair attachments, just the same that Chris said.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    leafy cheshire
    Posts
    12,742

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Have a look at the Korum anychair attachments as they may fit. You could buy one to try or better still take your chair into your local tackle shop which stocks

    Korum ANY CHAIR Adaptor - PS10.99



    Good luck.
    Last edited by mikench; 15-02-2020 at 12:58.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    634
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Quote Originally Posted by rayner View Post
    The JRC chair I have is the one you mention, the stealth, it's very light but the seat seems to have drooped, that coupled with it not being high enough I thought was too low for me to get off.
    I extended the legs on mine. Just some bits of tubing off eBay, can't remember what else I had to do but it wasn't much. I have 3d models for a rest arrangement which you're welcome to but it isn't a particularly cheap way of doing it. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you some details of how much, what's involved and where you can get them done.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,520
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Have a look at the Korum anychair attachments as they may fit. You could buy one to try or better still take your chair into your local tackle shop which stocks

    Korum ANY CHAIR Adaptor - PS10.99

    Good luck.
    Mike, the any chair accessories have been covered. I checked if I could tighten the elastic under the seat of my JRC chair, too tight for me to handle, so a new chair it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetthrough View Post
    I extended the legs on mine. Just some bits of tubing off eBay, can't remember what else I had to do but it wasn't much. I have 3d models for a rest arrangement which you're welcome to but it isn't a particularly cheap way of doing it. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you some details of how much, what's involved and where you can get them done.
    To alter the legs for me would be way beyond my capability. I'm consigned to the fact I have to buy a more suitable chair for my needs.
    Thanks again for everyone's help.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Eltham, SE London
    Posts
    4,102

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Fox Specialist Adjusta Accessory Chair
    I use one of these with the any chair adaptor for the rear rest and a Off Box feeder arm for the front rest. I leave the fittings for the arm permanently on the leg and have trapped the two screws to the arm with a couple of 'O' rings. My club has hard standing on some pegs and it’s not permitted to use standard rod rests. I use this set up in preference to a pod or tripod for float fishing. It’s great for the river too.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •